Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

looking for parts in Portland, OR

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 08:28 PM
hippie_van_860GYP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for parts in Portland, OR

Hi, I live in portland, OR, and I have a 1995 3.9L v6 B250 van. I need to get the front brake discs and rotors replaced. I plan on doing the labor myself, but wondering where is the best place in town to get these parts myself. Really trying to cut out the middle man on this one. So where in Portland is best to get these parts?
Thanks
Not actually sure if it's a 250 or 2500. Let me know if that makes a difference.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:14 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Auto zone, advance auto, oreillys, etc. they are about the same.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:05 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by hippie_van_860GYP
wondering where is the best place in town to get these parts myself.
9 out of 10 times it's much less expensive to order the parts from http://www.rockauto.com/

Old 11-12-2017, 11:42 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Originally Posted by alloro
9 out of 10 times it's much less expensive to order the parts from http://www.rockauto.com/
Until you figure in shipping. RockAuto has been notorious for outrageous shipping charges....

Old 11-12-2017, 04:34 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Until you figure in shipping. RockAuto has been notorious for outrageous shipping charges....
Yes that's one thing you have to watch out for with them. It's not that the charges are really that high, it more due to them shipping from multiple warehouses locations and charging as if each is a separate order. Sometimes by choosing a different manufacturer for the same part you can get the entire order filled at one location and the shipping charges are more inline with normal.

Old 11-12-2017, 05:24 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One additional thought on this is if you decide to buy local rather than online, is that wrong or defective parts are much quicker and easier to exchange... though the cost may be a little bit more, sometimes it can work out better paying the middleman as well as more convenient for certain parts. Other parts like sensors and such, if you want oem mopar you only have a choice between dealership (high cost) or amazon/rockauto/etc (better deals) for the same part where you can save some money

It's just something for you to consider as you figure out the over all of your needs..