Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

New PCM recomendation/advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 08:17 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good news, Right on!
There's plenty of threads to read on that code 37, did you have the negative side of battery disconnected while installing the new pcm which would reset codes? Is your check engine light on?
Maybe start another thread and see about help on that one since this one sounds like ending with it's solved so long as your next test drive goes well, congrats to you!

Old 12-10-2017, 10:49 AM
haydeezy
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JFloors
Good news, Right on!
There's plenty of threads to read on that code 37, did you have the negative side of battery disconnected while installing the new pcm which would reset codes? Is your check engine light on?
I had entire batt disconnected when I put in the new PCM. As soon as I put it in and before I started the van I did the key dance and the code 37 came up. Yeah I've read alot about it and Im concluding that it doesn't apply to my model. No, the check engine light does not come on or stay illuminated at all.

UPDATE: I have put about 75 miles on the new PCM now and everything seems to be running just fine. The trans has slipped 3 times during the last 75 miles but im guessing that is just the computer learning again as it slipped on awkward braking-to-acceleration. I hope this post helps anyone in need! I'm sure glad it seems like the faulty PCM was my problem. I wish I would have changed the PCM first thing but I wanted to be more sure that it was the problem before I put that expensive of a part on. And hey, I got some MOPAR parts in the process so she should be running well for quite some time now.