Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Blower motor shuts off when switched to “ high “

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 02:50 PM
Rkessner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. I’ll try that

Old 07-22-2018, 03:48 PM
Rkessner

I hear and feel the clicks though the relay except for the high speed setting on the blower switch. All related fuses are intact. I have replaced resister, the blower speed switch itself and the main hvac ac relay. I bought a new blower motor and hooked up the 2 wire existing harness to it and cycled through the blower switch as well. Still, when I switch to the high speed blower, it just shuts off.😕

Old 07-22-2018, 06:54 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

the high speed blower relay should only click on when the high speed fan speed is set. it is not used at any other speed so you should not hear any relay clicking in low, medium or medium high. the a.c relay and high speed blower relay are separate relays

the high speed does not run through the resistor...it runs on a separate circuit straight to grd

if you remove the high speed blower relay there will be 4 pins. with the key in run, engine off(koeo) you should have
-2 should have battery voltage red/drak green and light green/white
-2 should have ground black/violet and black/tan
report back on what has power and grd.

grding the light green/white wire pin of the relay should put the fan on high speed.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:58 PM
Rkessner

Ok. It seems I’m having trouble locating the “ high speed “ relay. I see the main hvac relay, the ac clutch relay, the high speed 50 amp fuse and the fuses in the panel on the driver’s side of the dash. Is the relay you are talking about behind the ac control panel in the dash? I’m sorry for sounding like an idiot but I’m learning as I go. I have a Haynes repair manual and I try to find possible similar repairs on video. I am really appreciating the help I get from everyone.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:29 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

the diagram I have (from all data service information) shows the high blower relay located in the power distribution center, in the engine compartment next to the battery. if the pdc cover doesn't label the relays...try the owners manual

the only relays shown in my hvac diagram are the high blower motor and compressor clutch relay. the diagram does not show a main hvac relay.

If you remove the high blower relay...all other fan speeds should still work.

Last edited by primem; 07-22-2018 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:10 PM
Rkessner

All this BS I’ve been going through was due to the parts store selling me the wrong relay...I’m no mechanic so I end up taking for granted I’m being sold the right part. Turns out the relay I was sold, was a flasher for a trailer connection. Smdh... end up blowing ac related fuses as well. Long story short, got the right part, everything works. I do appreciate the helpful advise though. Many thx.

Quick Reply: Blower motor shuts off when switched to “ high “