Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

E-Fan and Air Conditioning

Old 04-16-2019, 03:30 PM
offroader89
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Fan and Air Conditioning

Hello everyone, I have converted my Dodge Ram Van to an e-fan.

My problem is currently that I would like to have a control that turns on the fan as soon as I start the air conditioning.
Has any of you ever done one and could help me with that?

Many thanks in advance

Peter

Old 04-16-2019, 06:46 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Wire the relay that so that it activates with the a/c compressor clutch. Then it is completely automagic, and you don't have to worry about it.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:20 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

What is controlling the fan on/off now?

Old 04-18-2019, 08:28 PM
Widebody
Rookie

When you say you converted, do you mean you removed the clutch fan and replaced with e fan? Curious what fan you used.

I converted mine to a flexalite 295 fan that came with a controller already. The controller had hookups for both a temp sensor and a connection for the ac compressor. I believe you can get any type of generic controller for much cheaper. As another poster asked already, I'm also curious how you control your fan now.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:42 PM
Joe King

I did an electric fan conversion on my B250, great conversion! A/C starts cold at Red lights now. I bought an inline radiator hose adaptor for my upper radiator hose and put a temp sensor in, bought a 50 amp relay kit and used a 1996 Thunderbird fan. 4 years now no issues!

For the A/C, the relay kit came with two wires to turn relay on and one is for the compressor BUT if you just wire it up there will be problems. With a/c off and if the temp gets hot enough to turn on it WILL cycle the compressor on because it will get power to it. The solution that I used was a one way diode so power could only leave the compressor but per can not go to it from the relay side. I took my wire right off the compressor. Diodes are cheap, just make sure it is a one way.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: E-Fan and Air Conditioning