Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

B3500 van brake replacements

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 01:57 PM
sstroh1277
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B3500 van brake replacements

What brand do you suggest for brake replacement on a 95 Dodge B3500 extended passenger van with 5.9L v8 Engine?
Also need to replace the Calipher's -- any brand favorites?

I know the front brake pads and Calipher's need replacing. Is there anything else I should have the mechanic ( a friend) look at when he starts. I know the drivers side brake was seizing up. Also, the Emergency brake has been weak. I am doing this with a licensed mechanic so I can learn. I need to order the parts - that is why I am asking here-- for help. I do have the Haynes Repair Manual for Dodge vans 1971-2003.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:25 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Replace the soft lines up front as well. I usually just get whatever good premium pads my local parts store has on the shelf. (and you want PREMIUM pads, not the cheap fellers) Calipers? Brand doesn't really matter, as they are simply rebuilt units in any event. Get the ones with the longest warranty.

Have a look at the rear brakes as well. Might be time for those too.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:47 PM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Verify if anybody has rotors and wheel bearings in stock before you start. You may not need to buy them up front but you may need them once you lay eyes on them. Also get any hardware kits they sell for the caliper attachment. It is a big vehicle with big consequences so having a licensed mechanic involved is a good idea if not a legal requirement.

Quick Reply: B3500 van brake replacements