Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Can't find new Computor for my 2001 5.2 B2500 Pass.VAN

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2019 | 05:48 PM
DonM
|
Default Can't find new Computor for my 2001 5.2 B2500 Pass.VAN

2001 B2500 5.2 Van California Smog, only has 50,000 miles - Engine light code reads needs new Computer, I was told Dodge poured Glue all over the circuit boards and they cannot be repaired - and all the news ones are long gone as Dodge does not make a replacement - I do not want to JUNK a VAn with just 50K miles - that would be a waste the VAn is burning Clean as-is so Junking it is polluting this the planet more than - Not passing smog because the code says I need a new computer when it runs fine and passes smog - but they will not smog it with that Check engine lite and code reading computer is bad. - ANYONE - know WHERE to get a Computer for me, please? thanks

Old 10-02-2019 | 08:32 PM
ElkCon
Veteran

Originally Posted by DonM
2001 B2500 5.2 Van California Smog, only has 50,000 miles - Engine light code reads needs new Computer, I was told Dodge poured Glue all over the circuit boards and they cannot be repaired - and all the news ones are long gone as Dodge does not make a replacement - I do not want to JUNK a VAn with just 50K miles - that would be a waste the VAn is burning Clean as-is so Junking it is polluting this the planet more than - Not passing smog because the code says I need a new computer when it runs fine and passes smog - but they will not smog it with that Check engine lite and code reading computer is bad. - ANYONE - know WHERE to get a Computer for me, please? thanks
If you are 100% sure you need a PCM, you can get a pretty decent one from All Computer Resources (google the name)...its pricy though.
As far as I know, there isn't a specific computer for California, just the programming is.

Old 10-03-2019 | 10:17 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator

Originally Posted by DonM
ANYONE - know WHERE to get a Computer for me, please? thanks
It would be helpful if you posted the number off the computer.

Quick Reply: Can't find new Computor for my 2001 5.2 B2500 Pass.VAN