Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Odds and End

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 09:59 PM
Sprcoop
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odds and End

Ok everyone, I need help locating a couple of parts.

First off I've been chasing down water leaks in my sons 1989 B250 conversion van with a 5.2, that he has Hope's off turning into a camper. One of the many leaks I have found is the maker light on the quarter panel and the tail light. The foam that seals these items are dry rotted and cracked. So does anyone know where to locate the foam part or foam sheet that I can make my own.

The other item is the heater temperature control cabel. Mine is broken and cant find one anywhere. Any help would be great.

Old 05-02-2021, 10:22 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

If there is a hobby store near you, pick up some closed-cell foam, and make your gaskets out of that.

Old 05-02-2021, 10:51 AM
Sprcoop

I did try Hobby Lobby yesterday, but it was close to closing time so I didn't have time to really search for a product that would work. I also thought that JoAnn Fabrics might have something.

Old 05-02-2021, 10:52 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Yeah, that's a good possibility as well.

The parts stores around here also sell sheets of rubber gasket material.....

Old 05-02-2021, 12:35 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 574 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprcoop
Ok everyone, I need help locating a couple of parts.

First off I've been chasing down water leaks in my sons 1989 B250 conversion van with a 5.2, that he has Hope's off turning into a camper. One of the many leaks I have found is the maker light on the quarter panel and the tail light. The foam that seals these items are dry rotted and cracked. So does anyone know where to locate the foam part or foam sheet that I can make my own.

The other item is the heater temperature control cabel. Mine is broken and cant find one anywhere. Any help would be great.

If you don't mind parts made out of Chinesium, E-bay has been a good source for parts for me for years. I've had some old and really odd ball stuff too. He might even fond some new lights to replace his old and foggy or cracked lenses on the truck.They will usually come with gaskets.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:08 AM
Sprcoop

I was able to source some foam at JoAnns. It is described as being used to make cosplay armour. It is pretty dense and seems to do the job. I will water check it today to verify it is sealed.

Now I need to find a heater temperature control cable.

Quick Reply: Odds and End