Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Wiring issues 1994 B250

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2021, 01:19 PM
Cluelessbutlucky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring issues 1994 B250

I’ve had a long list of problems starting with a blown asd relay. After replacing it, I blew the wire that feeds the key on 12V supply on the ignition switch because the two connections it makes to that wire with the key on that is the blue wire and black/white wire, are both showing little to no resistance to ground. I traced them back to the fuse panel, fuse 17 and 12 are showing ground on load side with fuses out. I’ve traced the blue and white wire coming out of fuse 17 every where and I’ve disconnected it on several plugs. I’m lost now, any advice would be appreciated.

Old 10-20-2021, 01:32 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

What do those two circuits feed?

Old 10-20-2021, 02:50 PM
Cluelessbutlucky

Originally Posted by HeyYou
What do those two circuits feed?
17 in the fuse panel feeds Gauges. Warning Lights,
Speedometer, Overdrive lockout, and seat belt buzzer

12 in the panel feeds turn signals, van conversion relay, and antilock break module

Old 10-20-2021, 03:02 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Ok, the black/white wire feeds fuses 9-12 in the fuse block. The dark blue wire feeds fuses 17-18.

Pull all the fuses fed by one of the wires, see if you still have continuity to ground. If you don't, start putting fuses back in, one at a time, and retest. Test ALL of them, one at a time. I would not be at all surprised if some of the circuits don't show continuity to ground, depending on what a particular circuit does.

Old 10-20-2021, 06:48 PM
Cluelessbutlucky

Originally Posted by Cluelessbutlucky
I’ve had a long list of problems starting with a blown asd relay. After replacing it, I blew the wire that feeds the key on 12V supply on the ignition switch because the two connections it makes to that wire with the key on that is the blue wire and black/white wire, are both showing little to no resistance to ground. I traced them back to the fuse panel, fuse 17 and 12 are showing ground on load side with fuses out. I’ve traced the blue and white wire coming out of fuse 17 every where and I’ve disconnected it on several plugs. I’m lost now, any advice would be appreciated.
with no fuse, the 12 and 17 slots on the load side are grounding out

Old 10-20-2021, 07:45 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Actually, that isn't really a surprise.

Is fuse 12 the control side of relay, or the load side? If its the load side, that should not be going to ground...... Same for turn signals. ABS? Possibly. Unplug it, and test again.

Old 11-15-2021, 11:53 PM
97Dodgestationwagon
Rookie

Originally Posted by Cluelessbutlucky
17 in the fuse panel feeds Gauges. Warning Lights,
Speedometer, Overdrive lockout, and seat belt buzzer

12 in the panel feeds turn signals, van conversion relay, and antilock break module
Does the dark blue wire lead to a plug on the transmission casing, under the van? There is a sensor on the transmission which might be your overdrive lockout. That dark blue wire might be grounding out on your transmission casing. It happened to me and took me forever to find it. I taped it up with electrical tape and it stopped the short.

Old 11-22-2021, 05:34 PM
Cluelessbutlucky

Originally Posted by 97Dodgestationwagon
Does the dark blue wire lead to a plug on the transmission casing, under the van? There is a sensor on the transmission which might be your overdrive lockout. That dark blue wire might be grounding out on your transmission casing. It happened to me and took me forever to find it. I taped it up with electrical tape and it stopped the short.
I found that, so you just taped up the sensor?

Quick Reply: Wiring issues 1994 B250