Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

window roller came out of track

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 10:58 AM
steveh27
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window roller came out of track

This is on my 1997 Dodge Ram Van 3500 driver's window. I do not know how to get it back in.

Old 04-30-2022, 11:03 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Put the window all the way up, and tape it in place. Dismount the windows regulator, put the rollers back in place, re-mount the regulator.

I would be real curious just HOW it managed to escape..... Probably wanna investigate that while you have the door panel off, to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Old 04-30-2022, 12:37 PM
steveh27

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Put the window all the way up, and tape it in place. Dismount the windows regulator, put the rollers back in place, re-mount the regulator.

I would be real curious just HOW it managed to escape..... Probably wanna investigate that while you have the door panel off, to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Isn't the channel glued to the bottom of the window? If so how would the roller go back in? I think removing the regulator is difficult.

Last edited by steveh27; 04-30-2022 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-30-2022, 12:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Regulator is either bolted, or riveted in place. If they used rivets, you can just bolt it back in. Leave it hooked up to power, so you can roll it up/down to get the holes to line up.

Old 04-30-2022, 02:00 PM
steveh27
Default update

WOW! I had posted about that channel being attached to the window not the regulator. I went back and lowered it again and the window dropped off the cushioned support. I was able to move it in such an angle that I was able to slide the channel around the lowered arm with the roller without removing the regulator. Then I had to move the window into the weatherstripping channel and raise it. While raising and lowering the window just before this, the weatherstripping all pulled out and down. I had a hard time getting it back into position and raising the window into it. That may have been the cause. Sometimes the window does not raise into the weatherstripping and gets really tight and hard to lower. It then seems to not come down straight. That may have been how the roller came out. This is not a completed job. I need to be able to raise & lower it without jamming the weatherstripping. Rain is coming so I am done now with it sealed up.

Here is the roller back in the channel

Last edited by steveh27; 04-30-2022 at 02:50 PM. Reason: new info
Old 05-01-2022, 09:33 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Awesome.

I don't remember if there are guides that clip to the windows that go in the channels or not...... Some silicone spray in the window weatherstrip channels likely wouldn't hurt.

Old 05-02-2022, 08:36 AM
steveh27

It seems to working OK now.

Quick Reply: window roller came out of track