Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

HELP! 1994 250 won’t start

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2022, 10:47 AM
im1halfbean
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! 1994 250 won’t start

Hello and thanks for your time. I’m kindof in a bind. I just got gas and when I went to start my van it won’t even turn over. Nothing! Just lights and check engine light but no crank. Thinking maybe something to do with the fuel filter? Is it possible to add too much gas?

1994 dodge b20
V6

Old 05-31-2022, 11:53 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Wont crank? Or won't fire? If the starter motor rolls the engine over, that's cranking. If that ISN'T happening, try starting in neutral.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:04 PM
im1halfbean

Won’t fire or crank. Just the dash lights come on and that’s it. Maybe starter? Cranked just fine this morning then get to a gas station and wont start after fill up. Been tapping the starter with no luck. Checked fuses as well

Old 05-31-2022, 02:53 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Try wiggling the shifter, or starting in neutral.

Old 06-01-2022, 10:21 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

Try this: Press and hold your foot firmly on the brake, with your left hand reach over and turn and hold the key in the Start position, then slowly move the shifter through all the gears with your right hand. If at any point while moving the shifter you hear the starter engage you'll need to move the shifter back to that spot and let it start. If this works there is an issue with the neutral safety switch. Be aware that if the starter engages while the shifter is in any position other than Park or Neutral there is a chance the vehicle could lunge forward or back, and that's why your foot needs to be firmly on the brake.

Last edited by alloro; 06-01-2022 at 03:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
im1halfbean (06-01-2022)
Old 06-01-2022, 07:47 PM
im1halfbean

So my solution was a bit strange. After figuring out how to manually start my van with a wire and tapping the starter I thought I found a work around. After driving and parking in a spot I couldn’t reverse. I remembered after stopping g the first time that the arm that shifts gears was very lose before shutting the van off the first time. All I had to do the entire time was reconnect the arm to attach to the transmission. I need to find a rubber piece ( not sure the name) to make the connection permanent but that’s all it took. I almost spend 100s to get the van fixed but I’m glad I was able to find a simple solution

Quick Reply: HELP! 1994 250 won’t start