Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2003 Ram 2500 5.9 cyl heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2023, 03:21 PM
Tonycando
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Ram 2500 5.9 cyl heads

Hello to all.
very new to the forum. I知 glad I found it as I知 in the search for what the heck is going on with my 2003 ram van with the 5.9 gas engine, turns out it had a bad valve and trying to find a new or rebuildable set of heads for this particular engine is like finding a unicorn.
What is the deal with this particular year or was it for several years where the cylinder heads were very poor and does anybody have any options that I could look into for getting a set of cylinder heads for this 5.9 because as of so far, my mechanic has found five sets, and they are all cracked. Thank you all in advance for any options or solutions you can help me with.

Old 04-02-2023, 08:51 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,211 Likes on 2,962 Posts

Just buy new castings. Odessa/Clearwater cylinder head (in Florida) will sell you a pair of fully assembled heads for around 600 bucks last I checked. (that's been a bit though.) You aren't going to find a used set that isn't cracked. The new ones are better castings, with thicker decks, so, less prone to cracking. That, and they are NEW castings..... Never been ran on a motor.

The following users liked this post:
Tonycando (04-02-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 09:30 PM
Tonycando

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Just buy new castings. Odessa/Clearwater cylinder head (in Florida) will sell you a pair of fully assembled heads for around 600 bucks last I checked. (that's been a bit though.) You aren't going to find a used set that isn't cracked. The new ones are better castings, with thicker decks, so, less prone to cracking. That, and they are NEW castings..... Never been ran on a motor.
I値l check them out. Thankyou so far everyone I致e called had nothing.

Old 04-03-2023, 08:53 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,211 Likes on 2,962 Posts

Check their EBay stores.

Tonycando (04-03-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 09:36 PM
ElkCon
Veteran
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
This.

Tonycando (04-10-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 10:30 AM
Tonycando

Originally Posted by ElkCon
This.
i ordered a set from EQ cylinder Heads they also are new castings at approx the same price
thanks all for your input

Quick Reply: 2003 Ram 2500 5.9 cyl heads