Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

No Fuel B2500

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2023, 10:38 AM
krissetsfire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Fuel B2500

Hi all. I feel like I'm going crazy.

One day I was driving down the road and while I was driving my van just stopped with no warnings. I was able to move it once after that but hadn't gotten it to start otherwise.

I assumed it was the fuel pump so I swapped that out as most would. I can use starter fluid to get the car to idle but can not get the pump to get going.

The pump works when hooked direct to a battery. Originally I measured the voltage from the connector and got 8 volts to the relay wire at the connector. It measures 12+ at the relay block pin. The 2nd ping on the connector is 5v and I'm guessing that goes to the ecu?

Anyway I ran a new wire from the relay pin back to the connector and now have 12v.... The pump still never primes during a power cycle.

My grounds are good. What am I missing here? I bought another ecu from a salvage yard and it has the same outcome. This is a pretty straight forward troubleshooting situation. Is the 2nd ecu I got from the salvage yard bad too?

I've read so many of these threads searching for the answer and it seems the ecu? Most of them never have a resolution reply or follow up.

Please help! I need to move this thing from my cousins house since he's selling. I can park it in my neighborhood but I need it to run and be registered to do that.

Old 04-22-2023, 10:47 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

What year, what engine?

Old 04-22-2023, 10:48 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,376 Likes on 3,117 Posts

is the pcm actually trying to control the relay? What year is your van? So far as I know, there is no 5 volt feed to the relay. Pin 30 should be battery voltage, hot at all time, pin 86 should have 12 volts with key on. pin 85 is the ground for the control circuit, and is controlled by the PCM. Pin 87 is output to the pump. 87a isn't used.

PCM should ground pin 85 for a few seconds at initial key on, and then, only when it sees the engine turning. (crank sensor.) since it will run with starting fluid, this is definitely a fuel problem.

Old 04-22-2023, 08:33 PM
krissetsfire

Originally Posted by HeyYou
is the pcm actually trying to control the relay? What year is your van? So far as I know, there is no 5 volt feed to the relay. Pin 30 should be battery voltage, hot at all time, pin 86 should have 12 volts with key on. pin 85 is the ground for the control circuit, and is controlled by the PCM. Pin 87 is output to the pump. 87a isn't used.

PCM should ground pin 85 for a few seconds at initial key on, and then, only when it sees the engine turning. (crank sensor.) since it will run with starting fluid, this is definitely a fuel problem.
It's a 96, 5.9... sorry! I need to look at the schematic... I'll review it now..

Last edited by krissetsfire; 04-22-2023 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-22-2023, 09:13 PM
krissetsfire

Ill verify Monday I guess but I think I jumped the relay to pin 1 with a new wire. When I measure it with a meter it has 12v. Again I'll verify I'm starting to second guess myself without it near me to look at.

Last edited by krissetsfire; 04-22-2023 at 09:15 PM.

Quick Reply: No Fuel B2500