Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Gravel type noise when using air con

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 02:20 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Time for a new belt. Put a new one on and see what happens, but it would be an outlier for that to make a metallic tinkling sound. The belt runs all the time and the sound is when the AC is on.

Old 07-18-2023, 01:04 AM
Markin
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So guys, you were right. Took the van in to the mechanic yesterday and a couple of hours later he confirmed that the compressor was the problem. It had ended up with no lubrication and through the spinning was basically eating itself and therefore causes the strain and therefore the damage on the belt also. Both need replacing and the entire system to be flushed to remove the metal particles from the system. A bit of an expensive fix, but hey, thatīs what happens when you have old vehicles I suppose. Just crossing fingers that nothing else goes wrong for a while. I only bought it back in October last year, and with this fix, a previous fix, and a service (oils etc.), I have already spent nearly 2000 Euros in less than 3000Km of driving.

Quick Reply: Gravel type noise when using air con