Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2000 Dodge Ram Van 2500 passenger seat belt

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2023, 01:29 PM
keepers51
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2000 Dodge Ram Van 2500 passenger seat belt

This seat belt makes no sense to me. The upper point is attached to the top corner of the sliding door and is pulled across the opening when the door is opened. This makes it impossible for the belt to be in use by a passenger and also makes entry to the opening difficult. Crazy design. There are no other mounting holes visible to relocate it. Is this the way it's designed? Can someone please tell me if I'm missing something?

Old 07-17-2023, 02:04 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,210 Likes on 2,961 Posts

From what I can find, it should mount ABOVE the sliding door.....

Old 07-17-2023, 07:20 PM
keepers51
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Seeking more information on Seat Belt attachment

Hey You, thanks for the info. I looked, and yes, there is an area that makes sense for mounting the assembly, but there's just a rather large hole and a smaller one adjacent to it that is the only place it could go. But the large hole is just that. No threads, no mating hardware. I've soured the internet all day for a diagram or information on parts and mounting and get nothing. Is there a source for diagrams of such hardware? Sorry if this is inappropriate to ask but I;m just searching for answers.

Old 07-17-2023, 08:00 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,210 Likes on 2,961 Posts

Originally Posted by keepers51
Hey You, thanks for the info. I looked, and yes, there is an area that makes sense for mounting the assembly, but there's just a rather large hole and a smaller one adjacent to it that is the only place it could go. But the large hole is just that. No threads, no mating hardware. I've soured the internet all day for a diagram or information on parts and mounting and get nothing. Is there a source for diagrams of such hardware? Sorry if this is inappropriate to ask but I;m just searching for answers.
MoparPartsGiant generally has good parts diagrams.... The parts may be discontinued, but, if you can get part numbers, you can search on those, and usually come up with something.

I wasn't able to find a good picture of where/how it mounts, but, that large hole seems a likely candidate.... Mounting it to something that moves is just stupid, and I suspect that was someone elses 'fix' for some problem or other.

Old 07-18-2023, 09:51 AM
jeffersonracing
Professional
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

A rivnut might be a solution if they are made in that large of a size as I suspect it should be a rather large bolt.

Quick Reply: 2000 Dodge Ram Van 2500 passenger seat belt