Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Fuel sender no longer available?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2024 | 07:20 PM
ToddAK
|
Default Fuel sender no longer available?

Hello I’ve gotten myself into a situation. Bought a 1990 B350 in Idaho. We live on an island in Alaska. The van made it about 15 miles before stalling out. Got a few more miles to go.

it’s at a shop and they can’t seem to locate a complete fuel pump and sender assembly. I believe the fuel pump failed, and they would like to replace the sender while it’s apart (gas gauge never worked).

l have called a few salvage yards with no luck. Anyone have a spare they would sell? Or perhaps a parts source? Thank you.

Old 05-17-2024 | 09:45 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Try car-part.com, look for the correct donor vehicle. When (if?) you find one, CALL the yard that has it, and verify, they will likely ship it to you... But, given your location, that likely ain't gonna be cheap.

The following users liked this post:
ToddAK (05-17-2024)
Old 05-17-2024 | 10:37 PM
ToddAK
|

Thanks
I put in a request. Part needs to ship to the shop in Idaho. They will probably still charge extra since I live in Alaska. Just for good measure.

Old 05-18-2024 | 07:11 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion

If you do a little searching on google you will find that you can use a fuel pump out of a later model year(complete pump assembly).

Old 05-18-2024 | 10:13 AM
ToddAK
|

Originally Posted by Moparite
If you do a little searching on google you will find that you can use a fuel pump out of a later model year(complete pump assembly).

I did see some information on Dodge trucks of the same vintage about retrofitting a later model pump assembly.

nothing specific to the B350. The truck guys either modify the tank to fit the later pump and use lots of sealant, or replace the entire fuel tank with a later model tank.

I need to find out if a 1991 or later fuel tank will bolt in and line up on my 1990

Old 05-19-2024 | 08:08 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion

What i don't understand is why all the manufactures stop making these. I had a 1990 truck and must have gotten one of the last pump assemblies made because shortly after i see a lot of posts about the issue. Rock auto has parts to repair the assemblies (minus level sensor) but no complete units. I suppose you could look for nos one but you will pay good money for that. You could try car part and see if anybody has one with a working sender(that will ship to you) and put a new pump in it.

Quick Reply: Fuel sender no longer available?