Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1982 b150 van 225

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2024 | 06:22 AM
kateMerc
|
Default 1982 b150 van 225

Hello peoples my charcoal/evap canisters are cracked and i cannot for the life of me find where to buy new ones, also can’t even find a oil pan for the 225 also manual, not sure if that matters but, i’m completely stumped… do these parts just not exist or am i missing some secret place. please help

Last edited by kateMerc; 06-18-2024 at 06:23 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-18-2024 | 01:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Well, considering your van is more than 30 years old, (almost 40......) Not a surprise that a LOT of parts are NLA. (no longer available) Probably not likely to find one in a junkyard either.... but, maybe worth a shot. I would expect most vans from that era have been scrapped though. Might just have to remove everything having anything to do with the system, and cap off any ports it used.

That said, I DO see some pans available for the six, but, for cars, and such..... Not sure if that would fit your van or not.... If you can, get the part number for the original pan, do a search on that number. Should turn up something.

Old 06-18-2024 | 04:24 PM
kateMerc
|
Default deletion of canister

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Well, considering your van is more than 30 years old, (almost 40......) Not a surprise that a LOT of parts are NLA. (no longer available) Probably not likely to find one in a junkyard either.... but, maybe worth a shot. I would expect most vans from that era have been scrapped though. Might just have to remove everything having anything to do with the system, and cap off any ports it used.

That said, I DO see some pans available for the six, but, for cars, and such..... Not sure if that would fit your van or not.... If you can, get the part number for the original pan, do a search on that number. Should turn up something.
could you please link me to how i can delete the canister entirely i do not have inspection where im at.

i just don’t know how to delete all the lines besides the gas tank one

Old 06-18-2024 | 08:11 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

That, I don't know.... There is likely a thread around somewhere that details what you need to do. I believe the gas tank uses the cannister as a vent.... so, need to keep that in mind as well.

Old 06-19-2024 | 10:11 AM
jeffersonracing
Professional

Might try using some epoxy to cover up the cracks.

Old 06-19-2024 | 05:29 PM
ElkCon
Veteran

Originally Posted by jeffersonracing
Might try using some epoxy to cover up the cracks.
Flextape - black -- that would do it

Old 06-21-2024 | 05:54 PM
ol' grouch
Champion

Originally Posted by kateMerc
Hello peoples my charcoal/evap canisters are cracked and i cannot for the life of me find where to buy new ones, also can’t even find a oil pan for the 225 also manual, not sure if that matters but, i’m completely stumped… do these parts just not exist or am i missing some secret place. please help

The oil pan will fit from a truck or car with the "leaning tower of power". You will have to know where your sump in. That's the low part the oil pump draws from. Look at yours. Is the low part in front, the middle or back towards the transmission. Why do you need a pan?Yours is rusted out? You bottomed out on something? I think MOST are rear sump pans but yours might be different.

For the canister, try JB Weld.

Quick Reply: 1982 b150 van 225