Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

My obd port isn't working.

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default My obd port isn't working.

Got the van all buttoned up the other day and went for a long drive to get the transmission warmed up to do a check on its level. I noticed the Scan gauge 2 wasn't working and it did just a few days ago when I started the van and let it warm up. I did the unplug and plug back in thing which worked on my other vehicle. Pulled it out of the van and plugged it in to the other vehicle and it came right on so something is wrong with the obd port.

I just thought of what I might have done. I pulled a 10 amp fuse in the fuse box and installed one of those add a circuit things for the electric fan module. Didn't pay attention to which fuse it was, but it shouldn't have cut power to it. Need to investigate a little further.

The fuse position I used was for the radio and it's getting power. I didn't see any fuse for the obd port.

Last edited by jeffersonracing; Yesterday at 04:34 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,335 Likes on 3,077 Posts

Need to include the year of your van.

Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM
dodgetruck2
All Star
Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts

Using a scan gauge to I would suspect the OBD2, typically that gets power from the IOD fuse

Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

My van is a 96. The OBD power pin has no voltage. Took some looking through the manual to figure out what they called it. Then I found that fuse 19 and 20 sent power to it. Why 2 fuses? Fuse 19 has 12 volts on both sides but 20 has nothing on either side. Probably a broken wire on the backside as I had it out several times. If it's not one thing with this van it's several other things that need worked on.

Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,335 Likes on 3,077 Posts

Familiar with that.... Fix one thing, something else breaks...... I finally figured that one out though. Once I got it to the point that everything was working, I would fix stuff, until something broke, that I didn't care about..... Then LEAVE that broke, and no more problems.

Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM
dodgetruck2
All Star
Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts

The port would have battery and key power wouldn't it? Did you test the dead fuse Key on engine off

Quick Reply: My obd port isn't working.