Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

heater/defrost

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 05:07 AM
timers76
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater/defrost

I have a 97 dodge van conversion, it is a B3500 360cid. Problem is that when I'm heavy on throttle engine vac drops and the heater/defrost/floor flappers move location so I get cold air. My conclusion is that it is just a poor system, however, would a leak in vac also produce this condition? Am I the only one who has experienced this issue?

Old 03-15-2007, 12:03 PM
DCXgageman
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: heater/defrost

My personal experience with a '94 Ram is that you're correct on both things, bad system and a leak. I had the same issue and it would go to defrost. I just decided to live with it, but there is a good chance there is a leak, intake manifold leaks seem to come to mind as a common problem, but it's been a while since I've thought about it.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:53 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts
Default RE: heater/defrost

Look for a one way check valve in the vacuum line that runs through the firewall to the heater controls on the dash. If you find it, take it out (note the direction for reinstallation)and blow through it both ways. It should only flow one direction, if it flows in both directions that is your problem.

Quick Reply: heater/defrost