Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Acid Rain all over my windows

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 09:06 PM
BULLDOG
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Acid Rain all over my windows

This is funny, I assume that AdamB is correct, but my label is a bit different. I assuming that my bottle is that old. I'll take a picture of it later today.
So when we first applied the product, we noticed a very distinct odor of "mint" or something that resembles that. So another comrade from his shop just down the way (old timer, specializes in high end restoration) drops by, said "oh that's what I use too...toothpaste" Well the conversation went on, and then finally a taste test. Yep it is, not sure from what company (Colgate, Crest..) but I'm sure that's what it is. Funny, but true. Apparently there is a fine 2000-2500+ abrasive compound in most toothpaste.
Makes sense too, I'm not sure if true but I have herd the rumor "Myth" that inmates have used dental floss and toothpaste to slowly cut iron/steel bars.
Anyway, I only keep the products in my shop that work, I'm the first one to tell you if I think its a waste of time. I still have it, and I think it will be the cure for this problem. If not the offer a 100% money back guarantee!!

Old 09-11-2004, 10:58 PM
BULLDOG
Rookie

Well here is a picture of what I bought. With any luck, it's still the same.
Thought that I would add a tad-bit, I use these little bitsy buffers set op for a die-grinder. I purchase them at my auto-body supply. They have numerous attaching methods depending on you backing collet. I move VERY FAST with them, but it takes out allot of the elbow grease.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5930/02B8D1F4CB1B40FFA97D4C33A0958691.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5930/E7B16551A6154519B34C33BE55E5D0D6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-12-2004, 05:39 AM
Tempsho
Professional

ORIGINAL: DusktilDawn Hemi

GETTTERDONE!!!!
LOL

Old 09-13-2004, 04:27 AM
monsta

I use a product called MX-7 water spot remover. I get it at Wal-Mart. No rubbing or buffing. Just wipe on and wipe off.

Here on the Big Island, acid rain is prevelant and water spots the norm. This stuff is the best and easiest stuff I've ever used.

It is made here in Hawaii. I'm not sure if you can get it at Wal-Marts around the country.

It is so good I can send you the manufactuer's info. I bet he'll send you a sample. I've spoken with him before.

It smells like a weak version of CLR. I would bet it is very similar but am too afraid to try diluted CLR on my vehicles. Plus, I know for a fact that the MX-7 is clear coat safe.

Old 09-13-2004, 06:07 PM
BULLDOG
Rookie

"monsta"

That sounds like a good one too, it reminds me of another product that I totally forgot about. "Ducky" I purchased it at a boating supply (not bathroom Duck) I used it to take off those unbelievable hard water spots of my boat. Stuff was amazing, I used it in my shower enclosure too. It's been years, but it was good. Anyone else used it?

Quick Reply: Acid Rain all over my windows