Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

how deep have you gone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Ramafication
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how deep have you gone?

Hey All Rammers, how deep have yas all gone? i mean in the mud and did you make it out with just your 4 wheels or was it a fun 30 seconds that turned into 2 hours of winching.
Ill start, ive had my truck for only 2 months now and ive gone as deep as the tops of the headlights in 4 low n she hop hopped out with no struggle i was actually amazed losing my mud virginity, now lets hear more!!

Old 09-02-2007, 01:31 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Default RE: how deep have you gone?

Sorry no mud in my Ram. I have all terrain tires and a few tons of weight. I have crossed through the Aqua Fria river up to the headlights on more than one occasion and pulled some people out.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:22 PM
O_rly

I drove off the pavement onto some grass earlier today.[sm=TY.gif]

Old 09-02-2007, 09:40 PM
manogmin
Professional

i am kind of taking it slow in my truck. i live in florida and am a regular at the lawtey mudboggs (look it up on youtube) and i have been to just above the driver's door jk, but i burried the headlights a couple of times.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Cordoba man
Professional

You're not worried about sucking in water/mud into your engine? Personally, I don't go into anything over the axle vent lines. I like mud, trails and swamp, but I bought a 4x4 so I wouldn't have to walk... I use her mostly on pavement.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Ramafication
Rookie

well thats why i went and installed the Air raid system, the filter doesnt sit any lower than the intake so as long as i guesstimate that im fine havent had problems yet anyway, besides im purposley trying to kill my motor for a new one due to a bad crank

Old 09-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just about the headlights, right around the top of the bumper, I've sunk it deeper a few times but only for a couple seconds before it came back out. I got an open air filter now, and not a snorkel or anything so I don't really try to go any deeper than the top of the fender wells... but when I get around to it those wells are going to be a few inches higher

The only real weak points these trucks seem to have are the airdam (little black plastic piece of **** on the bottom of the bumper). I've torn it loose from a few of its bolts, and stock control arms... well they probably weren't meant to be smashed off of ****, but that's what happens...

Just make sure you keep a good coat of wax on it so when you get mud and rocks all over it and you have thornbushes and tree limbs and bushes scraping off of it that they don't damage our paint. Some of them still make it through, but a good waxing stops 95% of it from ever making it to the paint.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:29 PM
somebodyinok
Professional

About 6-7 inches

Old 09-12-2007, 04:50 PM
OlsenG_360
Professional

mud...barely a foot deep

snow/slush...over 2 feet, had snow packed onto the bottom of the bed/around the t-case

Old 09-13-2007, 04:00 PM
53092kyle

my dodge hasent touched any mud my i barried my chevy pickup half way u the window on one side and to the middle of the headlight on the otherside. it took to susuki to pull me out. the rope streached as far as posible i thought it was going to snap. i hope to be burying my dodge soon as i get a new motor

Quick Reply: how deep have you gone?