Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia
View Poll Results: A poll
Get a 3" lift
12.50%
Get a 6" lift
12.50%
Get a body lift
8.33%
Just get bigger tires
4.17%
Get a Leveling kit
37.50%
Leave it stock
25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Does a 2wd deserve a lift???

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 04:39 PM
anxioustimes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does a 2wd deserve a lift???

A little bit about me..... I have always had f-body cars. My first car wasa 91' Pontiac Formula .... God do I miss her... I then got a 91' Camaro and then a 94' Camaro.... I have always wanteda truck but have also always been a fan of fast cars...... Well my 94' Camaro did me good until nowand I finally decided to get a truck!

Well I really am a Chevy girl at heart becasue of my father! So I started looking for Chevy's..... I then got to thinking and looking and I really liked the looks of the dodge.... They look so much "beefier" so I was shopping and it came down to a 2000 Chevy Reg. Cab Shortbed with 80k miles or My 2002 1500 with 83k miles..... well I am proud to say that I have what I have but my biggest regret is that I wanted a truck with 4wd and I let my self down and got the 2wd.

My question is..... I have always wanted a big truck but now that I have this is it "worthy" of receiving a lift...... if so how big of a lift do I give her. It will be awhile before I can do it but I am just wondering what your opinions are........

I mean I love the look of a lifted truck and come on now a girl in a big truck..... thats what I am talking about right?

Old 10-10-2007, 04:13 PM
highline9
Rookie
Default RE: Does a 2wd deserve a lift???

Yes mam...I have an 02 and went with a leveling kit and larger tires...it suits me well for my purposes...what do you want to do with the truck, ie offroading, just looks, somewhere inbetween???

I mean I love the look of a lifted truck and come on now a girl in a big truck..... thats what I am talking about right?

Old 10-10-2007, 09:01 PM
anxioustimes

I would say somewhere inbetween..... I mean I can't go off roading to much with it due to the 2WD BUT I can take it off a little bit and a lift always looks good on a truck...... I just don't want anyone to look at it and be like what a dumb a$$ lifting her truck w/out 4WD....[sm=laughat.gif]..... Know what I mean.... Anyways THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE REPLIES ON THE POLL...... I am going to keep it up for a little bit or til I actually buy the kit![sm=boohoo.gif] I wnat it now! LOL

Old 10-11-2007, 12:36 AM
287cc
Veteran

You would be surprised what a 2wd can do. Maybe not as a rock crawler or anything but they hang.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:31 AM
highline9
Rookie

De-bagde it...I'll post pics of my level and new shoes this weekend, when I knock all the mud off it

ORIGINAL: anxioustimes

II just don't want anyone to look at it and be like what a dumb a$$ lifting her truck w/out 4WD....[sm=laughat.gif]..... Know what I mean....

Old 10-13-2007, 02:04 PM
99Ram1500sport
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what would you recommend for a leveling kit. (by that i mean brands) i have a 99 sport 5.2L and unfortunately 2wd

Old 10-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Mopartoya

I'll be one and just say get a leveling kit. If you like the nice factory ride the truck gives you and want more room under the fenders, just get a body kit. It keeps all your suspension the same and doens't expose your front end to throw that obvious "HEY EVERYBODY, I'M 2WD!!" out there, but it will give you some height.

If I could go w/ a second vote, I'd go w/ a Leveling kit. (I have one). It too will keep your ride smooth, but it won't give you as much space under the fenders for tires. I would not go w/ a full blown lift though. Too much $$$ and too rough of a ride, and yeah, it's 2WD and i kinda smerk at a full suspension lift 2WD. Right on girl! Good you know how the public will look at it before doing it. Good thinking.

I bet you do miss that 91 Formula... those were sweet cars. Sorry to break the news to you though....Your a Mopar girl now, there's no turning back now.

Mopartoya!

Quick Reply: Does a 2wd deserve a lift???