Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Cold air intake KN vs 360

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Coyoteman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cold air intake KN vs 360

After the muffler swap the low end torque was amazing as well as mid range. It felt as if I went from a V6 to V8 instantly. Top end improved but I could not be too sure because of the top speed limiter(100MPH). Also forgot to post in first reply: When I had the headers on, the low end and mid were pathetic but the top end power really increased when over 50mph. I've seen an A/C cut out switch but can't remember where. I will post when I see it again. I have a three piece March pulley set, but have not installed it yet. I'm not sure I want to underdrive my A/C , as I live in Phoenix. (118 degree summers)

Old 02-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Vader
Champion

I am returning my 360 Air Intake for my 5.9. The intake came without instructions and the exhaust vent is on the opposite side as the valve cover vent. The Air hat is too close to the top of the engine compartment and is hard to tighten properly. The intake tube was sitting right on my tranny dip stick. this was for a 5.9. I will have to look into K& N.

Old 02-11-2004, 11:41 AM
ditchdoc
Rookie

Vader I also called yesterday an canceled mine.Joe said it was on back order for a filter unknown when it will come in.I have been reading on DTW about people building their own.I bought a K&N drop in now I might try to vent more air into the box see how that works.

Old 02-11-2004, 11:49 AM
Vader
Champion

You made a good descion. Good Luck. One other issue was the filter sat in an area that was succeptable to water. Hydrolocking=Bad
ORIGINAL: ditchdoc

Vader I also called yesterday an canceled mine.Joe said it was on back order for a filter unknown when it will come in.I have been reading on DTW about people building their own.I bought a K&N drop in now I might try to vent more air into the box see how that works.

Old 02-12-2004, 12:05 AM
sgbofav
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your creative, build your own. I built my intake for my 4.7 Dakota for $65.00 total. I would put it up against a name brand any day. The only issue that I ever had was since the filter was getting all the air from outside, it was soiled with dirt and bugs in 2 months flat.

Here is some pics of my Home Brew:

Quick Reply: Cold air intake KN vs 360