Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

cheap performance mods, lets hear 'em

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 10:24 PM
hpi_jeep
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheap performance mods, lets hear 'em

im looking for little engine mods to give my truck some more go, any ideas? i tried the jet chip and that didnt help at all so i took it out (anyone wanna buy a jet chip? )! i have a flowmaster muffler and i will put my k&n in the morning (just bought it today).

some of my mustang driving friends put different size pully's on the 5.0's and they said that helps (i dont see how though) these cars arent superchaged so it was a pulley underdrive system to increase boost.

i know on my jeep i moved the iat (intake air temperate) sensor, it was on the intake and i moved it into the air box so it read cooler, and mixed more fuel with the air ratio. i have also put bigger injectors in there with great yeild.

is there similar tips with dodges (318ci)

im goign to be pulling my jeep to OK from MO in april and i would love to do it above 60mph

the truck is a 2000 ram 1/2ton with 318 and 5speed

Old 02-15-2004, 06:52 AM
5.9rm
Rookie
Default RE: cheap performance mods, lets hear 'em

the underdrive pulleys that your buddies are running do make a differance. the fact is, they allow the engine to spend lees energy spinning the accesories (alt, ac, etc.) and allows it to produce more power. this option is not really "cheap" though, usually running around $250 for a set of pulleys.

Old 02-15-2004, 03:11 PM
hpi_jeep
Default RE: cheap performance mods, lets hear 'em

would it be worth the money to put some underdrive pully's on the dodge?

and will my alternator still charge correctly?

Quick Reply: cheap performance mods, lets hear 'em