Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

MORE POWER NEEDED ARRRGG

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 07:23 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MORE POWER NEEDED ARRRGG

OK! I need more Power... SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME what I need OR Change... '04 Standard Cab Ram 5.7 Hemi

I'm running Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust & Volant Cold air induction.
I'm waiting for the programmer... I'm waiting for the Headers. But besides that what can I do NOW ....

All you Hemi Owners... have you noticed that you when you mash off the line you only get power up to 45-55 miles? I want to power through way higher then that.... I can't do the TMR mod, apparently a new TB would just be a waste of money....

I got SPANKED by a friggin pimped out CIVIC yesterday and It made my ...errrr.... EGO shrink....

Old 02-23-2004, 08:55 PM
uhoh
Rookie
Default RE: MORE POWER NEEDED ARRRGG

How many miles on that truck? Mine didn't feel to healthy over 80 until I got about 5000 miles on it and some big steep hill climbs at WOT.

Something else to consider is that stupid ricer may have had a bunch of cash pumped into it. There is a couple of local geeks that work at Micron running those things with some big big cash tied in. Very very fast little cars. Probably turning out 300 hp so the weight to hp ratio is far higher than our hemi's.

Old 02-23-2004, 09:00 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain

OH I was so mad, he was able to spin his tires in third gear (how ever it caused his car to go sideways HA)

I have about 9K miles on my truck.
The Ricer for sure had dumped some cash into it, I hate rice rockets but I have to admit his looked really really good/clean. Which is why I would have LOVED to have schooled him... just like I did to the 04 Lexus IS300 or the Acura RSX.... OK maybe if it wasn't a CIVIC I wouldn't care... but a civic. It was a sad day yesterday.

Old 02-23-2004, 09:30 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He could have been spraying... There's SO much that can be modded on a Civic. Don't feel bad... LOL! He wasn't playing fair.

~Amanda

Old 02-23-2004, 11:17 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yawnshemi420

OK. Dynatech has a sweet set of headers, high flow cats., and y-pipe. This set-up is $1300.00 and I don't know how much HP it will get you. I spoke with Mopar last week and they have no plans for a computer.

Kenne Bell will have/does have a supercharger system for the HEMI. Big buck = Big HP. 500 HP +.

Personally, I wouldn't feel so bad if the ricer had a buch of money in the car. If you run him enough times, it's just a matter of time before the thing grenades. Typical of any high-po engine application.

Old 02-23-2004, 11:25 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain

Thanks Mopar,

1300 isn't that bad considering the headers I'm looking at are 700 + install. I was told by a user to "CUT" the Y Pipe, but I called my local Muffler dude and he said "bad idea" because of the sensor in there... I have no idea what that means....

Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.

Old 02-24-2004, 03:55 AM
Arcane
Rookie

ORIGINAL: yawnshemi420

OK! I need more Power... SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME what I need OR Change... '04 Standard Cab Ram 5.7 Hemi

I'm running Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust & Volant Cold air induction.
I'm waiting for the programmer... I'm waiting for the Headers. But besides that what can I do NOW ....

All you Hemi Owners... have you noticed that you when you mash off the line you only get power up to 45-55 miles? I want to power through way higher then that.... I can't do the TMR mod, apparently a new TB would just be a waste of money....

I got SPANKED by a friggin pimped out CIVIC yesterday and It made my ...errrr.... EGO shrink....
Did it ever occur to you that you own a truck and not a sports car? Trucks are geared for low end power not high speed.

Old 02-24-2004, 03:28 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain

No I never thought of that

of course I thought of that... C'MON. HOWEVER I still want MY TRUCK to slap around a CIVIC (which is barely a sports car)

Old 02-25-2004, 02:53 PM
hemi2004

I have cold air induction and cat-back exhaust and I am also waiting for headers. I bought JBA ceramic shorties. The HEMi has a low-end torque curve by nature. You will lose a lot of your torque at the higher speeds and RPM's. I like the low-end torque better, myself. I have heard that if you open the exhaust up, meaning remove some back pressure (remove CATS, dual pipe as opposed to single) your torque curve will go towards the higher end, but I do not know for sure.

I am waiting for the Hypertech programmer also, the JET module was a joke and I returned that POS... Do not feel bad about the Civic, my neighbor has an Accord that runs mid 12's!!!

Old 02-25-2004, 03:16 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain

Stupid Rice Rockets...

Hey do you know what the performance difference will be between the Superchips inc Programmer and the Hypertech? I heard someone refer to Hypertech as Hypercrap??

Either way one of them need to hurry up.

Hey what are those Shortie Headers you are speaking of? I've never heard of em.

Quick Reply: MORE POWER NEEDED ARRRGG