Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Ram owner sound off!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 02:12 PM
gravymonkey
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ram owner sound off!!!!!

I'm still pretty new to Dodge (former Chevy guy) and my Ram is my 1st full sized truck. I got my 04 last November and I'm still loving it. I don't have much experience with modifications under the hood, so I’m researching cat backs and CAIs right now. However, I have tinted the windows and added a tonneau by A.R.E. I’ve posted pics of her on my website here: http://students.kennesaw.edu/~eturner/hemi.htm
I found DF while researching mods and I've been here since. It's a great forum!

-Erik

Old 03-30-2004, 09:29 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Bought a used '02 Ram 1500 SLT. signature has most the details. 4.7, auto, 3.55, anti-spin. Mods:K&N stock filter replacement, hopefully this weekend a new exhaust. Found a local guy that runs a speed shop and all the guys go there. Going to get a 3.5" tube bent up to replace the air box to filter box connection (like an airaid M.I.T.) Going to crank up on the torsion bars this weekend also to raise the front about 1.5". I am also an advicate for checkerpro tonneaus and carpeted bedmats. I have the clampon(tailgate only access) vinyl cover. Was thinking of doing the sprayin and also the dropin liners but thanks to this posting I remembered about the carpeted bedliner (old age stinks haha). I am a chrome hater on trucks(but not the harley). Going to look this weekend at removing the "clad" off of the stock 17" rims. Took the chrome badges off. I have the truck pics up on the "gallery".

Old 03-30-2004, 09:31 PM
Bucko
Rookie

yo yo yo,
the new guy (me) has a graphite mettallic 03 qc slt. flowmaster 50 series, k&n aircharger, line-x, Rockford fosgate sound system 1100 watts or so. o yeah hemi power baby. no problems so far.

Old 03-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Aftrshck
Veteran

Well, ya already know me and know that i have a 99 dodge ram sport 1500 slt...its red and has a westin grille guard and nerf bars...and I want to put money into it but i spent it all on my daughters....so i am back to step one and im broke...hehehe

Old 03-30-2004, 11:56 PM
Ruslt
Rookie

I have a 2004 Ram SLT Quad Cab 4.7l patriot Blue, katzkin grey leather seats,factory nerf bars, factory under rail liner, and stock chrome 17" steel wheels. Mods I have done include a homemade air intake system and factory chrome grille insert(like Hemi). My planned mods include a custom Flowmaster exhaust system, fastman TB, Mud flaps, Hard Tonneau cover, wheels, Spray in liner, and Tinted windows. I f I missed a mod you all think I might want let me know.

Old 03-31-2004, 07:36 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain

My baby is "Bianca" she is a Clear Coat Black 04' SLT Standard Cab 4X2 Ram 5.7 Hemi. Flowmaster Dual 40 Series Exhaust, Volant CAI w/ the Ram Air Forced Air Scoop (arrives today!!!!!). Window Flares (yea I'm a smoker), Tinted Windows - 20% Driver Passenger and 5% (limo) on the back window. Smoke sprayed 3rd Brake Light Cover, Smoked Sprayed Tail Light Covers. Kennwood Excelon MP3 Deck, JL Audio 12' W6 Subs (2) in custom box, PPI 2600 Amp (bridged about 1500 watts). PIAA Head Lights and Fog Lamps. 20" Wheels (stock wheels). De Badged EXCEPT for the Hemi Badges.

ON ITS WAY:
Kennwood DVD Player With PS2 Hooked up
Push Button Start (like the srt-10)
Security System with Remote Start
Tornado

WISH LIST:
Scooped Hood (either the SRT-10 Hood or the KeyStone Good Hood)
Headers (I need suggestions on which Headers to get)
Programmer Chip (again need suggestions on either Superchip or Hypertech)
Roll Pan
Shaved Door Handle Kit
Side Skirts / Fender Flares
Front Bumer after Market
After Market Wheels
Tonneau Cover A.R.E
Stainless Steel Dash Kit
Custom Seats
Custom Gauges

Old 03-31-2004, 08:39 PM
Americanflyer

I've got a 2003 Hemi Quad Cab 4x4 - 2 inch "torsion key" lift in the front (not cranked, new keys) Magnaflow rear exit duals, Access Tanau cover, TMR mod, IAT mod, 3:92 gears w/ 17's, 100 wet shot Nitrous Injection, Pioneer Stereo System, and custom made cold air induction system. Dyno's at 271 RWHP / 308 TQ (without NOS)...I'll try to get pics up tonight if I can...lot of cool lookin' rides here....nice site!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 03-31-2004, 08:59 PM
Vader
Champion

Tell me a little more about the torsion keys, please

Old 04-01-2004, 07:51 AM
Ram44maR

I'm with you, Amanda! I've got a white on tan leather '98.5 RAM 2500 SB Laramie SLT 4x4 w/Cummins TD and auto trans. Apart from a lift pump issue--which could very well have been a clogged fuel filter--my RAM has been pretty darn solid.

Not much to write about in the mod department: FASS, HD hitch, brush guard w/ twin Hellas, "eyelashes," nerf bars, bed bars, body lift, aluminum wheels, 33s and tinted windows (I guess my mod budget was blown in the purchase).

Right now, it's parked. The other night, one of our friendly NOLA residents decided to modify my sliding rear window with a blunt object.

Regardless, I really can't say anything bad about my RAM. I'm gonna try to replace the window myself, so a few superlatives might slip out in the process.

I'm sorry to read that one of you has had more than your share of bad luck, but I have to give mine pretty high marks...

Old 04-01-2004, 10:22 AM
40intrepid
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

01 Ram 1500 5.2 , 2WD. Graphite Metallic.
Has a newer set of Goodyear Wrangler RTS tires, but otherwise stock.
I got the tires for only $440 from a Goodyear where I used to work.

Quick Reply: Ram owner sound off!!!!!