Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Corsa Catback

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 09:09 PM
BigDave
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Catback

My Corsa Performance catback system arrived yesterday. I am the first person to get one from the factory for my truck configuration. Unfortunately, for the 04 RC/SB Hemi some cutting is required, not true for the other configurations or any of the 03's. Instead of doing it myself as I originally planned, I went to the local Midas shop where the owner was the only person willing to cut up a truck with only 500 miles on the odometer. Anyway, it took him 2.5 hours, since Dodge surprised him with an extra weld or two. He was quite frustrated when he was done, but one of his techs started the truck and revved it. The owner, along with the 2 techs, the manager & most importantly myself immediately got ear-to-ear grins when we heard that bad-boy roar. I could have swore, I was standing next to a race car. I commented to the manager that my wife, who was sitting in the waiting room, was going to kill me. She sat there quitely and rolled her eyes. She couldn't stay mad because I still had that ear-to-ear when I walked out to meet her. We drove home with a couple good pushes on the pedal. After getting home, she looked at me and said "you could stop smiling now...your acting like your 20 years old." My retort was "that's a good thing." She rolled her eyes again. [sm=smiley9.gif]

Anyway, I've only driven it for 5 miles, but here's what I observed. The tone is much lower throughout the rpm range. In the cabin it isn't any louder than stock below 2000rpms, but by 2500 you start to notice the difference. I didn't notice at any rpm that their was a resonanting drone in the cabin.

This is probably the most expensive system out there, but I think it was worth it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2370/Mk248635846.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2370/Yt616623390.jpg[/IMG]

I corrected some typos - BD

Old 03-13-2004, 11:18 PM
lawntycoon
Professional
Default RE: Corsa Catback

Good Job! LOL. I am still laughing about your wife......LOL We only live once man...............Nice tips ........[sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 03-14-2004, 12:31 AM
mazz
Veteran

Hey BigDave, you must not have gotten the setup specific for the '04. Anyway, sounds like you must be happy with the sound. Corsa is quite proud of their systems, but they are awesome.

Your wife must really love you. Afterall, you aren't a 20 year old stud anymore (LOL)!

Old 03-14-2004, 12:48 AM
mikegonzo
Veteran

Yeah, that looks nice...I like that look much more than the others that come in front of the rear tires. Around here in Southern California I have to be careful with mods to mine as I add more to it I get all these people saying "Looks Mexican!".....Must be the chrome against Black....so many Ford F150's to go against here...but you now have me thinking about getting another exhaust!

But, hey, those are cool and I am seriously considering getting the dual side to side exhausts after I get my Kenne Bell 500hp SuperCharger. I just spoke with Kenne Bell...they are almost done with the calibration problems for the HEMI too!

Old 03-14-2004, 01:22 AM
BigDave
Professional

Hey BigDave, you must not have gotten the setup specific for the '04.
I ordered directly from the factory from their own sales staff. They held up the release of the 04 RC/SB trying to come up with a better solution. As I said, I got the first one. The pipes on the 04 must come further back than the 03. not leaving enough room for their muffler. The Corsa sytems for all of the other variants for the Hemi Ram have a single pipe to connect to the joioned OEM cat outlet pipe, my catbacks have a Y-pipe that connects to both of the cat's outlet pipes. Thus a cut had to be made further up in the exhaust system. The OEM Y-pipe met nearly perpendicular, while Corsa pipes join at a 30 degree angle. The only drawback is that the cutting made this job permanent, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Your wife must really love you.
Yup, she sure does. [sm=smiley27.gif]

I am still laughing about your wife
She's really a good sport when it comes to things like this...afterall it wasn't the first time that my grand vision didn't work as planned.

Kenne Bell 500hp SuperCharger.
Ooooh..Aaaah. I checked out Bell's website a couple of days ago. A supercharger on a Hemi would be awesome.

Old 03-14-2004, 03:10 AM
Dave Dugal
Rookie

Congratulations on the Corsa cat-back system, BigDave! I had a dual 3" system with 4" outlets installed on my '97 Dodge Viper GTS while at Nashville Speedway. The sound and performance difference is incredible. I hadn't told my wife I installed it while at the 7th Viper Owner's Invitational, and when I started it in the garage, she literally dropped her purse and jumped back several feet.

Good luck with the new system.

- Dave

Old 03-14-2004, 03:56 AM
bearcat74
Professional

Well I feel ya on that one. I have a 3.5 flowmaster set up on the 4.7 and on the drive today by Berryessa Dam today I scared several people. Not hard to do when you have the stuff to do it. All good in the end, (ie: girlfriend hates it...) But she still likes the canyon blasts that this ride is capable of. Enjoy the sound enough and the stereo will never get turned on.
Have fun and open her up....

Quick Reply: Corsa Catback