Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Procharger for 5.7L Hemi!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 06:43 PM
04GTX
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger for 5.7L Hemi!!!

my friend owns an 03 cobra and just put a procharger on it, and he told me they make a procharger kit for the hemi, he's suppose to check into it for me!! and let me know!! procharger is probably the best supercharger IMO. but if anyone wants to know about it let me know!!

Old 03-14-2004, 11:17 PM
lawntycoon
Professional
Default RE: Procharger for 5.7L Hemi!!!

hey im in could you fire me some info please?

Old 03-15-2004, 12:12 AM
mississippi
Professional

Unless I am mistake, there are no superchargers yet ready for the public. All are still under development. Damn I wish they would hurry!!! [sm=smiley16.gif]

Old 03-15-2004, 03:16 AM
04GTX
Rookie

I'm just purely going off of what he has told me!! now if he's not lying he said that they have something either close to ready or already for sale!!

here's some stats that i got from him and i'm assuming the one for the hemi would be the same!

the reason why i say it's better than the kenne belle for instance is that kenne belle is constantly pushing your engine harder which means more wear and tear. However procharger doesn't kick in until 3500 rpm's (as it does on his cobra)

It took his dyno proven horsepower at the rear wheels (i was with him at the dyno) from 382 stock, and took it up to 596 horsepower. He did have to add a colder plug, bigger fuel pump.

His procharger kit came with their own air induction setup and a tuner that had tunes that you could download into the car for different settings (street/strip) (not for sure if that was extra or came with)

There were two different ways that he can have his SC setup,
1. the way he has it now at app. 600hp
2. change the pulley and tune in it and make app. 700hp

I'm assuming the numbers would be similar on the hemi since stock there isn't much difference on the HP. however the cobra is setup for a blower and the hemi really isn't so i'm only assuming that it should bump it up around 600-650HP tops! which is killer anyways.

I will know probably all the details on monday the 15th as i plan on visiting procharger here in kansas city to see what the scoop is!!
and what i will find out, ya'll will find out!!

Oh and his setup costs around 3K, so i'm assuming 3-5K on ours????

Old 03-15-2004, 03:19 AM
04GTX
Rookie

oh and it sounds so wicked, there is no hiding it tho when you're trying to be a sleeper, the whine from it is just wicked sounding, kinda sounds like this "DONT F*CK WITH ME!!!!!!"

Old 03-15-2004, 07:48 PM
04GTX
Rookie

I called procharger today and they said it will be out this spring sometime and to call back the first of may, sorry to prepost but my friend said something and thought i would throw it out there for you guys!! i will constantly be calling them probably once a week till i get some pricing/power outputs from them!!! and will definately post ASAP after finding out!!

Old 03-15-2004, 08:32 PM
bullitt1229
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 04GTX

my friend owns an 03 cobra and just put a procharger on it
All '03 Cobra's came with an Eaton roots-style supercharger from the factory. Did he take the Eaton off and put the procharger on?

Old 03-16-2004, 02:14 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker

That sounds so cool! Is it more expensive than the Kenne Bell ($4,900.00)?

Old 03-16-2004, 10:01 AM
04GTX
Rookie

i know they come with eaton's and he physically took his car to procharger here in kansas city and they put a procharger supercharger on it!! and he got a good deal he paid like 3K for it and got the install for free, well he had to give them his stock blower ($700) but a good exchange none the less, but as i stated it's not for everyone as it won't make boost till 3500 rpms, which in turn is less harmful to your motor, however during a race his car will never drop below 3500 rpm's therefore taking full advantage of the blower!!

i'm not knocking kenne bell at all as i've never researched them but when he was buying his blower he actually ordered a procharger and they had one blow up so they stopped selling them (the guy reset his rev limiter to 7500rpms and it leaned out and was his own fault not procharger) so he ordered a kenne bell and they said two weeks, he waited 2 weeks and called and they said another 2 weeks, so he waited and they said another 2 weeks so he was like screw you!! and then procharger called and told him the problem and that the blowers are fine and that's why he went back, and also he read some bad stuff about how many problems people have with kenne bell so he decided procharger, and the fact that they have one here in town and he can talk face to face with them if he ever has questions!!

Old 03-18-2004, 06:56 PM
pabs

nice

i'll have to check it out, keene bell doenst really seem to be on the ball

Quick Reply: Procharger for 5.7L Hemi!!!