Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Crappy reverse lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 06:59 PM
Tempsho
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crappy reverse lights

I noticed that most, if not all, 94-01 Rams have the same style of tail light. I also noticed that the reverse part of the lense is not clear. When I do have my truck in R, the reverse light comes on, but it doesnt seem to illuminate anything behind me.

Is there a different/brighter bulb I can swap, or will I have to opt for a alteza style taillight so I can get decent back up lights.

(I know I can mount a seperate set of back-up lights under the bumper, but I dont really want to go that route)

Old 03-18-2004, 07:18 PM
Aftrshck
Veteran
Default RE: Crappy reverse lights

there are brighter light bulbs...but as to who makes them...i dont know...your local parts store should be able to get you pointed in the right direction

Old 03-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Street Scene has nice high intensity lights... can find them at Pep Boys, Autozone, Walmart.. etc...

I hate to say, but I don't use my reverse lights as 'lights' I mean, they are there to warn others I'm going backward, they've never been useful to me for lighting the darkness. LMAO... sad, huh?

~Amanda

Old 03-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Aftrshck
Veteran

well its true....they dont do squat....none of my cars did....just mount a pair of KC HIlites on the back bumper and call it a day :P

Old 03-18-2004, 09:32 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Beware of the super-bright lights. The brighter they are the hotter they run. You might opt for the LED substitute. They are quite pricy, but last a longtime and are vibration resitant. I run the 1175 and 1156 LEDs in my harley(the 500# vibrator), havent had to replace a buld in over 2 years. Before I was replacing them every 3 or 4 months.
Also at JCWhitney $79
http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/...&storeId=10101

[IMG]local://upfiles/2144/Fd905906660.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2144/Ig138072186.gif[/IMG]

Old 03-21-2004, 09:47 PM
HEMIDAZE

The White Night lights (shown in the last post) are great. I installed a set last week. Easy install, lots of light. They have a three way switch on them. On when in reverse, on full time, and off all the time. White nite web page has a list of distributors. I think it was GOS Performance had them on sale for $75 with free shipping in 48 states.

Quick Reply: Crappy reverse lights