Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Waffle stompers needed, what to get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 02:44 AM
Amy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waffle stompers needed, what to get?

I would serioulsy love to have some really mongo off-road tires on my 2500 Turbo Diesel, it would look so great and they would be much better than what I have on there for off-roading. I've looked and Super Swampers and they are so incredbly neat looking

So I went down to the local off-road builder and asked what it would cost to put some big waffle stompers on and whether I'd have to lift the truck for it. Well gosh, after they started talking about the cost of the lift and the driveline modifications I thought better of doing a lift on it. I think I could get by with just the widest tires I can get on it without a lift or major mods. I think it has 31 inch tires on it now, so I'm thinking get rims and tires so I can mount 13 inch wide tires with a *very* aggressive tread pattern for off-road.

Has anyone here done this with their 2500? I need advice if anyone would like to offer it.

Thanx!

Amy

Old 03-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Amy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Waffle stompers needed, what to get?

Well I did it, I went out and got a set of E rated 35's with the most agressive tread I could find. Then I took it back in the boonies with all the mud and ruts hills pools of water and yuckies you could ever want.

What fun! Man that truck will go right through anything!!! Toby Keith on the radio going loud and the windows down, It was bouncing all around and splashing mud everywhere and never even hinted at stopping. I'm going back there next weekend

Amy

Quick Reply: Waffle stompers needed, what to get?