Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Nissan Titan

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 08:53 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nissan Titan

ORIGINAL: RedRam225

ORIGINAL: ramfan5.9

#1titan?

your username is an oxymoron

[sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]
But #2 Titan was appropriate (I know shameless poop joke, I couldn't resist.)

I still maintain that Nissan simply stole thier truck idea from an old Dodge concept truck; the Maxx (and Chevy then stole the name)

[IMG]local://upfiles/13431/8B22A17F9ED443CE9E7FB1B4641A3010.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upf
iles/13431/2E44C795D60949F285396DB50D72CF1E.jpg[/IMG]
i know i mentioned that before. it looks alot alike. nissan hasnt done too bad with their truck. we all know it is underated and they can take hemi 4 doors.

Old 09-29-2005, 03:14 AM
sandiegohemi
Veteran

Okay, this is my biggest pet peeve. Why does someone come on here and start throwing around 0-60 times on a full size truck like it means something? Okay, the best Nissan offers is a Titan 0-60 in 7.6 seconds. The best Dodge has to offer is a SRT-10 0-60 in 4.9. Next. When Nissan makes a truck built for speed, then we can argue. Until then, it's meaningless.

We can argue comfort, size, whatever all day long and it will not mean anything. I couldn't drive anything with a Japanese flag as the emblem. Sorry. And I think one guy on here said, "I only drive the best, so I bought a Titan." What makes it the best? Its long track record? Been in production 2 years, numerous brake recalls (you'd think if they could put a cargo carrying system in the bed they'd put large enough rotors to stop the truck).

I'm not saying Dodge is the best thing since sliced bread, every car maker has problems. I'd like to see a more comfortable interior in a Dodge. But I love the styling, power, size, etc. And I don't care how much HP or torque a Titan has, they still sound like a rice rocket when someone pushes on the throttle.

The bottom line is, we drive what we like, but for anyone to say "its the best because it goes 0-60 in 7.6 seconds" is a joke. One thing you will learn in life is that there is always something bigger and faster out there - hence the Ram SRT-10, hell even Ford Lightning is quicker than a Titan. Hell for that matter, a Toyota Tacoma is .3 seconds faster 0-60.

So, when Nissan sells more than 40,000 Titans a year (as a benchmark Ford sells 100,000 F150's A MONTH, so you have a long way to go Titan boys), get back to me. Secondly, if your Titan is best invention since the wheel, why are you on a Dodge website? When someone has a good machine, you don't have to brag about it, people just know. You wouldn't walk up to a Viper or Vette and say your Honda Civic "is quicker 0-10 mph." If a Titan was turning the truck world upside down, you wouldn't have to go on a Dodge website and brag about a meaningless stat that says your truck is 4/10 of a second quicker 0-60. By the way, what is that, a bumper length faster than a Dodge? hahaha

Old 09-29-2005, 03:33 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All good points everyone... I'd just like to interject... this is a Dodge Enthusiast Forum... although we welcome all people no matter what they believe, this is still a Dodge site.

~Amanda

Old 09-29-2005, 05:44 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: #1Titan

The Titan is here to stay boys, and its faster than your precious Hemi's.
ORIGINAL: #2Titan

Dodge Hemi Nissan Titan

0-30 MPH 2.8, 2.6

0-60 MPH 8.0, 7.6
All the talk about the Titan is how it's faster. Bottom line, trucks are not made for speed. They are made for pay load, towing, power and the occasional muddin'. The Titan is SUPER light and I for one, would not like to drive a truck that weighs as much as a Neon. I would want my truck to be big, heavy, tough and beefy.

If you wanna talk fast trucks, the Titan does not compare to the SRT-10's and Lightnings....

In all the tests I've seen, yes the Titan wins in the "fastest" category, or the "most fuel efficent" category. It was the Ram that won "most power", "most torque", "best in towing" or "best in payload". The Ram won the categories that applied to trucks, not fuel efficent cars. The Titan does not compare, power and torque wise and gets whooped in the real truck tests.

You want a light, wimpy, fuel efficent and fast truck... buy a Titan.

You want a big, beefy, powerful, muscular truck that can actually handle a trucks duties... buy a Ram

Old 09-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Joey0480
Rookie

Basically, you have a proven vehicle here. The Dodge Ram. How long has the Nissan been on the road. Exactly.
Secondly, these are trucks, not sports cars or fine tuned pickups. They are met to haul, go over hills, through mud, snow, you name it. Who cares about 0-60. I know I don't sit at the light and think...hmm...who can i race next with my big old truck. Geesh.
Point of the matter, Dodge is an American vehicle, been in the game for a long time, and has PROVEN its worth.

Old 09-30-2005, 02:04 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I totally agree there.

Old 09-30-2005, 08:00 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: #2Titan

Coming from a Dodge and now owning a Titan, I will say my Dodge was a good vehicle and never let me down, it had the 5.9 engine. I did have to spend a lot of money to keep it running after the 60,000 mile mark. The Titan is bigger inside and has a more refined drivetrain with a 32 valve engine and 5 speed tranny. The dodge Hemi and Titan are about equall power wise but it ends their. I bought the Titan because it was differant and becuase it was consistantly rated at the top for the full size truck class. I . I always buy what is the best and the Titan beats or meets the big three in all the major catagories. As far as people saying it drives like a car they are just in denial that the Titan is a truck that is acutually fun to drive but at the same time can tow 9500lbs and is availiable with a rearend locker for the ultimate offroading. Go over to TitanTalk.com and find out how many former Dodge, Chevy, and Ford full size truck owners say they could never go back to their old trucks after owning the Titan. That said Dodge and Ford both make good decent trucks but the Nissan is just an awsone, badass truck that ranks even higher. Most Titan owners are well educated and review all the facts when making a vehicle purchase.

Dodge Hemi Nissan Titan

0-30 MPH 2.8, 2.6

0-60 MPH 8.0, 7.6

Look at the facts here is the gear ratios that the Titan has verses the Ram

Ram Titan
1st 3.00 3.83

2nd 1.67/1.50 2.37

3rd 1.00 1.52

4th .75 1.00

5th .67 .83

final drive-ratio

3.92:1 3.36:1

The transmission in the Titan is set up for acceleration purposes and if I remember correctly, the transmission in the Nissan was said to be harsher than the one in the Ram which means that it shifts faster. The only way to guarantee that the engine is indeed "faster" is to switch engines in both vehicles, with the opposites' transmission (although they probably wouldn't mount up anyways).

Also look at how superior the HEMI really is when you consider all the things Nissan had to do in order to so much as compete with it. The ENDURANCE (Titan) engine has twice the number of valves, four times the number of cams DOHC vs. OHV, it has a higher compression ration 9.8 vs. 9.6, and the only disadvantage the ENDURANCE has is the fact that it is 6 cubic inches smaller. Also doesn't the ENDURANCE have variable-valve timing? That helps both fuel economy and power throughout the power and torque band. Technically the Titan should have the advantage since they had the chance to see what Dodge had first so then they could make a few last second tweeks to give themselves an advantage.

Just wait under the MDS HEMI comes out. Any so called the "advantage" the Titan might have is going to disappear. 350 hp and 385 ft-lbs of torque is what I have heard. Another thing the fastest 0-60 time I have ever seen with the Titan is 7.0 seconds the fastest for the HEMI Ram I have seen is 6.8 seconds before any of the "sport" (Rumble Bee, Daytona) models came out.

UPDATE

The only HEMI powered Ram that I have ever heard doing 0-60 in the 8 second range or less was with the 2500 model, in 8.1 seconds and I would believe in the 3500 model would be slower.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:01 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker

I read in an update in Motor Trend that the Titan has a 0-60 acceleration time of 7.4 seconds for a 2WD model. Under their comparasion of similar trucks. The HEMI powered Ram was listed at 0-60 acceleration time of 7.1 seconds for a 2WD model. That is why I say that it depends on which source you look at. I think the HEMI is superior.

Old 10-27-2005, 03:50 AM
zdive65

you cant compare the titan to the srt-10. titan to the hemi is a fair comparison . as for the 0-60 times, to many variables. i have raced 2 titans, beat them, raced 2 hemis, beat them, race a lightning, beat him off the line, then by 60 mph, he was gone. there all good vehicles, its simply a matter of preference.

as for the issue of american made, well, i believe most of the hemi parts are made in mexico.

04 hemi
AEM intake
Hypertech

Old 10-31-2005, 01:18 PM
Truckin_Tom
Professional

You're all gettin' nervous.
Nervous about what? The only thing to like about a Titan..

is the first three letters.. [sm=icon_sneaky.gif]

Quick Reply: Nissan Titan