Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Nissan Titan

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 11:35 PM
clemson725
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nissan Titan

Let us not forget that a major part of dodge transmission problems are caused when people change the fluid with something other than mopar atf. And you dodged, forgive the pun, my whole reason for the last message to tell you that a truck is a truck is a truck is a truck. Truck owners care more about the chasis of the truck and how it pulls rather than what horsepower # they claim. And if your titan is all that, pick on a new dodge cummins owner such as myself and when the race is over let me know how my truck looks from the back. As for american made/mexican built. It doesnt matter what nationality the person is that pushes the button on the machine that bores the cylinders......All the button knows is that somebody pushed it.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:47 PM
homerun

First, you condradict yourself. You say a truck's a truck, but then talk about racing. And if you want to race your Cummins, I hope it's modified, cuz stock, they're slower than molasses. Well over 17 secs. in a 1/4 mile. A Titan with two flats would beat a stock Cummins. And my CC Titan has more interior space. But the Cummins 2500 strength lies in pulling, and there's no better truck for it! Rumor has it Nissan is looking to contract with Cummins for their TD 3/4 ton. It's just a rumor. I've also heard it was going to be International, which makes the Powerstroke. As long as it's not Isuzu-Chevy's having some issues I hear...But we'll see the outcome of that.

As for the whole fluid change issue, I find it kind of difficult to believe that the tranny issue, that widespread would be related to fluid brand. Nissan is trying that with the Titan, and people are buying it.

As to your comment about truck owners care more about the chasis, then please explain the purpose of the SRT-10? I NEVER see anyone towing with that thing! Not too mention, it's not even 4WD, so not really a work vehicle.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:49 PM
homerun

BTW-I work and am good friends with a person who owns a 2004 Dodge Cummins 5.9 TD, and I've driven it, and rode in it, and raced it, so I know, stock they're slow.

Again, towing, different story, but empty, my Titan eats it up!

Old 11-10-2005, 11:56 PM
clemson725
Professional

I didnt contradict myself one single time. Truck owners do want trucks for their robustness, but if all you seem to want to talk about is dyno numbers, then i'm offering an asswhooping with a cummins. its VERY easy to get over 400hp and close to 1000 ft-lbs with a cummins. try mid 14s in the quarter. and thats just a few little gay boltons. is a 14.6 fast? hell no. never said it was, but it'll beat your titan every day and get more mpg to boot. and yes, using anything besides mopar fluid will completly ruin a dodge tranny in about 30,000 miles. if you dont believe that, then its your own fault. if you think your titan is the fastest thing on the road then that's also your own fault. i like my dodges and thats what i'll drive. OR i could cry about the weight issue like you do bc i hope you know how much the cummins truck weighs.

Old 11-11-2005, 12:27 AM
homerun

You did cotradict yourself, and just did it again. And dyno numbers are not all I'm talking about. I just asked why is it a truck that has 345 hp dyno's at about 250-270? And your Cummins stock only dyno's around 250/490.

Are trucks about chasis and suspension, or now is it robustness? Make up your mind.

As for the tranny, I see Dodge has a recall for that for every Ram out there for the last two or three years, I saw that on this site, so don't deny it.

You modded youre truck and can only get a 14.6, try again!! There are Titan's running 14.9's with nothing more than an exhaust. The S/C is out, cams are almost done with development, a tuner is also in the works. So, I'd spend more money if you're going to talk smack like that, cuz' mid 14's aren't going to cut it.

Old 11-11-2005, 12:51 AM
clemson725
Professional

IS your truck running mid 14s? No. Will i believe every claim made in a forum? No. Looking up some numbers......Interior volume for titan 65 cubic feet front, 48 cubic feet back. Dodge quad cab 65 cubic feet front, 56 cubic feet back. I guess its in the eye of the beholder. Stock 1/4mile numbers for titan low to mid 15s. Stock for cummins mid 16s. Payload for titan 1453 for 4x4. Payload for cummins 2730 for 4x4. I need to look around on the net and find the 12 valve cummins dually that has nothing more done to it but programmers and a bigger turbo housing and injectors runnins in the low 12s. Lets pour the same amount of money in performance parts on the titan and the cummins and see who comes out on top. Are we talking about stock trucks or are we talking about trucks thats had some tinkering? For the record, a strudy chassis and suspension is ROBUST. dictonary.com try it out. But actually i see an honest question there. why does a truck list at 345hp and dyno at 250-270? well lets see. 345 is power at the crank. 250-270 is power at the wheels. different dynos tell different stories though so who knows how accurate that is. At any rate IF your numbers are accurate and i'm hesitant that they are, thats only a 23% loss in hp for the cummins which isnt bad considering hp is a function of torque and rpms.... only a 20% loss in torque. for a nissan titan (with the chopped off bed) its a 21% loss in torque, but this is where it gets fuzzy. your numbers equate to a 10-15% loss in hp only which is a little difficult to swallow. the trend of 20% would put it to 244 hp. But then you have the hemi motor losing 28% of horsepower. Going back to the 20% trend would be 276 hp. I'll buy the 20%. Thats typical for losses through the transmission, driveshaft, gears, axles, wheels. 28% vs 15%........considering from an engineering viewpoint the drivetrains are close to identical.....nah, not buying it.

Old 11-11-2005, 03:09 AM
homerun

First of all, your numbers on interior space are way off-the Titan is larger, and not by just a little, ALOT. So get that straight. The Titan is the exact reason Dodge now has this MegaCab. Interior space.

Let's talk stock. Your Cummins can't hang with a stock Titan, period. You brought up mods, not me. Second, the Cummins runs a 17.4 in the 1/4 mile, stock, and without your mods, I'd hand you your a$$!!

And the 2004 Cummins comes with 385/610. To dyno at 250hp, that's more than a 25%-it's a 33% loss, which is horrible. The Ram Hemi is the same way. So either Dodge is holding back on you guys, or they're lying to America!

As for the Titan loss being less, it is what it is. Check the Titan website's, guys are posting their dynos. Either Nissan is underrating them, or they're tuned pretty well, either way, the numbers don't lie. Guys are getting near 300/370 with the basic mods we have avaialable, which ain't much.

Old 11-11-2005, 04:30 AM
clemson725
Professional

Well those numbers came from motortrend. Maybe you should check out their site. Space is a volume... not just leg room. The nissan does have a big cab... and a really short bed which i'm not a fan of. So you say dodge made the megacab to keep up with the titan? lol. nice. Motortrend doesnt have much on the titan. guess its not the truck of the decade afterall. I think you need to quit bench racing and get on a real track. Look at the numbers on this forum for the trucks in the 1/4 mile. all seem pretty low...too low in my opinion. same with all forums. the nissan forum isnt any different. people undershoot their E.T.s hence more bench racers. the cummins is either a 3/4 or ton which ever you choose. the titan is a 1/2 ton. i would certainly hope it would be faster stock. i dont race my truck. i have bikes for that. but hey you got me...... a 33% loss is horrible........IF a cummins had 385hp. however, as luck would have it, it only is rated at 325hp. Face it. Your nissan is slow and will always be slow. Fast compared to other trucks still isnt fast. sorry..... you know what high 14 second runs are called at the track? BORING.

Old 11-11-2005, 03:08 PM
homerun

If the hp on the Cummins is 325, then I stand corrected.

But as for racing, you can say what you want about the Titan, but as slow as it may be, my stock CC will beat ANY stock QC Hemi, period. And that is a fact! So, if mine is slower, which is fine, it's still faster than the Hemi, and way faster than your's stck.

But like I said, mods are coming, and the Titan wil catch up in aftermarket parts. People have already ordered and installed the SC, a cam set is on the way, which by the way for the Titan, is 4 cams. That will boost the HP significantly, plus chips. So, don't be surprised when you're in your circle jerk with your Ram buddies, a Titan doesn't sneak up on ya'!!!

Titan Interior Space

Rear legroom: 1,026mm (40.4")
Rear headroom: 1,026mm (40.4")
Rear hiproom: 1,537mm (60.5")
Rear shoulder room: 1,641mm (64.6")
Passenger volume: 3,568 L (126.0 cu.ft.)
Exterior length: 5,695mm (224.2")
Exterior body width: 2,002mm (78.8")
Exterior height: 1,908mm (75.1")
Wheelbase: 3,551mm (139.8")
Turning radius: 7.0m (23.0')

I tried to find Dodge Ram 2500 Interior Space, rear area, but it's not listed...

Front legroom: 1,041mm (41.0")
Front headroom: 1,039mm (40.9")
Front hiproom: 1,654mm (65.1")
Front shoulder room: 1,702mm (67.0")
Passenger volume: 1,841 L (65.0 cu.ft.)
Exterior length: 5,834mm (229.7")
Exterior body width: 2,029mm (79.9")
Exterior height: 1,875mm (73.8")
Wheelbase: 3,569mm (140.5")
Turning radius: 6.8m (22.3')
Interior cargo volume: 430L (15.2 cu.ft.)
Interior maximum cargo volume: 430L (15.2 cu.ft.)

I ride in the 2500 all the time, I've been in the front and back, and the back is at least 5 to 7 inches shorter. You can say what you want about overall space, but what's most important is leg room for theback seat. Who cares if you have 6 inches or 8 inches of space above your head-it's useless space.

Old 11-11-2005, 04:07 PM
clemson725
Professional

You didnt say leg room to begin with. If you want to change what you said, then thats cool. And youre full of it to say that your stock titan will beat any stock hemi. Those two trucks are so close that you cant legitimately say that. It may beat some and it may be beat by some. If i wanted a truck for speed i would have bought an SRT-10. But if i was really serious about something that goes fast, i would buy a car. Like i said, if you wanna compare apples to oranges with your truck and mine, then what youre saying is as long as you can drive it then it's fair game to race. Step up to the plate with either of my bikes. No titan will be sneaking in anywhere. I dont even know anybody that owns one... not very popular. Maybe its because of their stunning bad looks or nissan's unproven motor and drive train in the long term.

Quick Reply: Nissan Titan