Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Nissan Titan

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 09:24 PM
homerun
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nissan Titan

I didn't buy MY truck because it goes fast. It doesn't go fast, just faster than the QC Hemi's. Dodge is the one that markets speed to it's customers. They do an excellent job of it too. But I think they've got people brainwashed, which is good-creates loyalty.
Now your mixing apples and oranges-bike vs. truck. See, this is what Dodge people do-show a vulnerability in their trucks, and they change the subject, or go to the next level. And I can legitimley say that the Titan is faster-tests and tests have proven it. Then, pull a load with both and the Dodge really falls off-lack of torque.

I bought my truck because it's versatility is what I wanted-space, ride, PERFORMANCE, features, all at a better price than the Dodge, Chevy or Ford. And honestly, if I wanted a fast truck, I still wouldn't buy the SRT-10, it's useless except for speed. Small, no 4WD, no versatility, and WAY overproced. I'd buy something for 20 to 25K less, and add about 8K to make it faster than the SRT-10.

As for Titans not being very popular, maybe they aren't, and that's okay with me. I don't know to see my truck everywhere to justify my purchase, I'm very happy with it. But just becasue there's more Dodge's don't make'em better. There's what, 85 million Elvis fans, that doesn't mean he's the best-just they're brainwashed.

Looks are a presonal choice. I don't like the new Dodge's, but the previous body-style, I do. But those trucks were having tranny problems too. As for the Titan, I think it looks good. Maybe you should ride in one, you won't catch on fire, and no one will, or at least, should make fun of you.

Old 11-11-2005, 09:56 PM
clemson725
Professional

I'd have to find one before i could ride in it. Your truck weighs about 4000lbs more than my bike. My cummins weighs about 3000lbs more than your truck. You just backed up what i was saying. Thanks. I agree that dodge advertises speed and does a good job at it when the hemis arent the most powerful thing on the road. So what? People buy what they want to buy. Also you are sadly mistaken to say that the mega cab is the ANSWER to a cab bigger than the dodge quad cab. Dodge makes the quad cab for a reason........sales. Its not based off the old fashioned crew cab of the 80s and 90s with 4 real doors. The dodge quad cab is based on an extended cab which is what a lot of people want. They design things to drive sales. Maybe if nissan didnt have such a big cab their sales would increase. You dont know if it would or not and neither do I. Bigger isnt always better. The hemi motor has an incredible reputation from the muscle car era and it will continue to have a great reputation for the efficiency of the engine. There is a lot of potential in a hemispherical chamber that hasnt been unleashed yet. Why do you think all drag cars have hemispherical heads? A big reason for this "lack of power" is the government. Manufacturers are required to meet certain mgp regulations for their fleet. Nissan makes mostly smaller vehicles and can afford to make a gas guzzling truck. I am a mechanical engineer and understand the business world. If sales are up, why even try to be the most powerful? The name is driving the sales and if i'm the sales VP i have my feet propped up on my desk right now. When dyno numbers are the deciding factor in sales, then I put more power in the hemi. I avoid over engineering anything. When you dont need a gob of power to make sales, then dont put it in the motor yet. Dodge has set themselves up a platform that they can build on for years to come. Much like the viper. with 8.2 liters of displacement, sure its getting beat by the narrowest of margins by this year's corvette, but with that much displacment, the viper can very easily come out with 300 more hp in a years time......Dodge has always come through on some of the meanest looking vehicles around. Also tends to raise the bar for other manufacturers to follow every year. e.g. the viper, srt-10, srt-4, even the durago and jeep cherokees when they put v-8s in them. And lastly, that first 0.5 -1.0 second off your E.T. is easy to get. Let me know when you see how hard it is to get that other second you'll need. And put the thing on the track to find out, dont say what it can run from looking at forums. My coworker did that with his acura rsx-r. For the "mods" he had, the forum guys claimed high 13s on stock rubber. He went to the track and barely pulled a 14.6

Old 11-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Vyrus

Wow, so the Titan boys think their truck is the best. And the Ram fellas think their truck is the best. Why am I not suprised? Haha...

I have no problem with this thread except the fact that people are bashing the Titan for being Japanese. It is designed, made in, and sold in (only) America. That's more than I can say for Ford or Chevrolet. I believe in supporting the American economy just as much as the next guy, but let me tell you that >50% of things in your house aren't made in America. >70%+ If you're a Ford of Chevy truck driver haha.

BTW my Titan ran a 14.9 with intake/cat-back only. They're not speed demons but I can take most of the little ricers who bug on my bumper.
-Cyrus

Old 11-12-2005, 10:55 PM
clemson725
Professional

I didnt say anything about who made what except that the button doesnt know who is pushing it. Engineering principles apply in all nationalities. Chevy/ford/dodge are american owned. I never said they were 100% in america. i hope they are made in japan. the japanese seem to have their stuff together. I figured you were another titan boy. As i've said in another response.......some titans will beat some hemi dodges and some hemi dodges will beat some titans. Live with that. And quit racing stock trucks. It bores the people at the track. YES i consider a catback exhaust and cold air intake pretty much stock.

Old 11-13-2005, 12:03 PM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

On the TV show 'Autoline Detroit' they had as their interview the british born guy who is the head of auto testing for Consumers Reports magazine, who formerly worked at Nissan USA for many years.

One topic they discussed was the problems Nissan has been having at the Canton MS plant that builds the Titan - how Carlos Ghosn ordered a "swat team" of 200+ Japanese engineers to go there and try to work out some of the quality problems that were showing up on the Titan and the Armada.

Despite all these efforts the Consumer's Reports guy said that top people at Nissan were admitting that the quality problems were still not totally solved, and that they hoped that the next model year Titan would have some changes that would 'design out' some of the assembly quality issues. Brake problems, squeaky panels and differential failures were mentioned.

The Titan is an impressive first effort, but my opinion is to wait at least another model year before buying that truck since Nissan's top brass is not satisfied with the present model.

Old 11-13-2005, 04:24 PM
2004 Hemi Quad
Professional

I was over at the Titan site.......they have a thread on problems with the rear axles.....there are alot of Titan owners that have bad rear ends and a number of them more than once plus there is a major issue with brakes. I would have a concern with that if I am towing a travel trailer. There is also complaints of premature rust on the inside of the bumpers. If I were a Titan owner, I would be p---ed off. Apparently they are saying insufficient oil in the rear end and are trying larger differential covers to see if they can correct the problem. The only reason I am replying to this thread is that I see alot of Titan owners trashing our Rams when they have enough problems on their own. Yes some of us do trash theirs too. I bought my truck because it suits my family comfortably, looks good and hauls a--!!! It works for what I use it for and has a larger bed than the Titan. I have never had a problem with it other than the weatherstrip on the front doors and with the new revised weatherstrip it has cured the problem completely. As for me....if you can't Dodge it Ram it!!!!

Old 11-13-2005, 07:41 PM
homerun

Dodge Rams have had problems for the last 10 years. Nissan is having some minor teething issues. And as we all know, everyone hears of the problems more than the good stories. I have OVER 20K miles, and other than the brake issue, no problems. It runs like a champ.

AS for having major issues at the plant-BS!!! CR's are so biased anyway. BTW-how many Dodge's are on the recommended list-I know the Ram's not. They (CR and the 'swat team') need to visit the Mexicans down in Mexico putting together YOUR Dodge.

Old 11-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Rams "major" problems no longer exist. The Ram is built in Mexico, AS WELL AS the United States.

ORIGINAL: horatio102

Um, the Titan weighs around 5000 pounds, give or take.
How much does a Quad cab Ram 1500 4x4 weigh? About 5200. That's a HUGE difference. =
2005 RWD Titan weighs 4800 lbs, not 5,000... and no where did I say HUGE. Way to put words in my mouth.

If you are gonna talk about racing trucks. You must go with RWD. There is a reason why trucks come in 4WD, and it's not racing.

Titan: light, fast, nice interrior, good gas milage

Ram: beefy, powerful, great design, rugged

Finally: I don't know why you Titan owners are over here at a DODGE site, called DODGEforum.com, constantly trying to tell DODGE owners, that their DODGE is not as good as the Titan. You aren't going to make them think otherwise.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:24 AM
clemson725
Professional

THey laughed him off the nissan site when he thought he bought a double cab titan and thinks its a race car.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For all the Nissan Titan owners.

MSN's BEST & WORST
http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.as...c=LP%20pickups

These 2006 models earned the highest and lowest Predicted Reliability Ratings, based on CR's 2005 reliability survey. Models marked with "(2005)" have been redesigned for 2006. Vehicles marked with an asterisk "*" indicate data is based on one model year only.

MOST RELIABLE PICKUP TRUCKS: Honda Ridgeline*, Toyota Tundra
LEAST RELIABLE PICKUP TRUCKS: Nissan Titan , Chevrolet Colorado (4WD), GMC Canyon (4WD)

There you have it... The Titan is the least reliable truck in the world...

Quick Reply: Nissan Titan