Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Nissan Titan

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 03:13 AM
sandiegohemi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Titan

I think I've read a hundred posts on different Dodge sites talking about the Titan, and people saying how quick it is, how much it can tow,etc. I think a few things need to be clarified.

Nissan did not enter the full size truck market to magically sell 100,000 Titans a month. I think in their "war room" they wanted to come up with a truck NOT to compete with Ford, Chevy, and Dodge, but to steal share from TOYOTA. Nissan knows full well that truck buyers are loyal - and its hard to wrestle them away from their beloved Big 3. We, as domestic owners, always say, "Well imports are cheap, they don't have enough power, they can't tow our toys." A Toyota Tundra, no matter how reliable it may be, has a 0-60 time of 9.3 seconds and can tow 6500 lbs. So, Nissan comes along, and builds a truck that has spec's similar to Ford, Chevy, and Dodge (I have a Quad Cab Hemi 4x4, so I know Ford and Chevy can't compete with my truck, just using this as a comparison).

I believe it is Nissan's goal to wrestle sales away from Toyota first, then go after the Big 3. Ask yourself this, would you buy an imported truck? I wouldn't. 70% of us won't. But for those weekend warriors - who honestly consider buying a Tundra - a Titan is a viable alternative. Consider this: say tomorrow Ford, Chevy, and Dodge were gone and all that was left was Nissan and Toyota. I'd sure as hell buy a Titan over a Tundra any day of the week. That is how Nissan sees it, and that is how import buyers view the truck market.

I've heard rumors Nissan is going to put a 5.5 L diesel in the 2007 Titans. Why? Because no other foreign company offers a heavy duty diesel pickup in America. They are also doing it because that is the weak link in their marketing goals. For example, if you have a business or a fifth wheel, are you going to buy a Titan that can tow 9400 lbs or a 3/4 ton that can tow 16,000 lbs plus? You'd buy the 3/4 ton. If you want to smoke people at the track, are you going to buy a Titan, or spend a little extra and get a Ram SRT10? You'd get the SRT10. Or, if you wanted to buy a fleet of vehicles for your construction company, would you buy 30 Titans fully loaded with every option? Or would you buy 30 stripped down F150's with vinyl seats and manual windows? You'd buy the stripped down truck.

In all reality, I think Nissan has more on the ball than Toyota. Toyota has been in the 1/2 ton market for a while, they offer no diesel, no heavy duty model, and the best their engineering has come up with is a 285 HP IForce V8. Nissan, in their first year, out perform, tow, etc., any Toyota made to date. With rumors swirling about a Titan diesel, that tells you what they are going for. They are trying to be a viable alternative to Toyota. Just like Ford and Chevy go at each other, so will Nissan and Toyota.

I think what Nissan forgets is that within a couple years, we will look back and say, "Wow, remember when we thought a stock truck going 0-60 in 7.7 seconds was quick???" The 2007 Silverados are getting HP boosts, and you can believe Ford and Dodge will counter.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:30 AM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker
Default RE: Nissan Titan

my godfathers company bought 20 titans for their foreman and managers.. they returned them back and bought 10 quad cab hemi's and 10 crew cab silverado's

they said that the ride was VERY un comfertable, and the 4x4 sucked. the guys said that they felt like they were driving a car. and these guys work in vineyards. i sat in one and its feels like its small inside.

a week after i talked to my godfather who got a crew cab silverado. he says this truck owns the titan 10 fold. he said that the titan was a POS! i laughed and agreed.

in most of the imports trucks that iv riddin in it feels like a car.. in my hemi i FEEL like a ****in semi.. i mean i love that feeling. being in power.

one thing i gotta say is **** the world, lets get our gas, and use it how WE want to use it. gah im getting annoyin about how e gotta "do this and that" **** the world. the world owe's us a big fat one.

Old 09-24-2005, 07:16 PM
#1Titan

You all need to wise up. Nissan is not trying to have the Titan become an alternative to a Tundra. They are showing the big 3 that they better look out, because in only 2 years they have developed something that makes the F-150's, Dodge 1500 Hemi's, and Chevy Silverado's look silly. In a few years and with future refinements the Titan will be a real threat. You guys said it yourself, you see alot of talk in your own forums about the Titan. Why do you think that is? You're all gettin' nervous. The Titan is here to stay boys, and its faster than your precious Hemi's.
Obviously I own a Titan, but have owned Ford and Dodge pickups in the past. My Dakota QC 4.7 was a very reliable and solid truck. I am not knocking your choice in pickups, but want to let you guys know you need to face the facts. The Titan will only get better and it doesn't need a badge that says "Hemi" to sell it. Bottom line is the Titan is a superior product that will age like fine wine. See ya.

Old 09-25-2005, 06:11 PM
#2Titan

Coming from a Dodge and now owning a Titan, I will say my Dodge was a good vehicle and never let me down, it had the 5.9 engine. I did have to spend a lot of money to keep it running after the 60,000 mile mark. The Titan is bigger inside and has a more refined drivetrain with a 32 valve engine and 5 speed tranny. The dodge Hemi and Titan are about equall power wise but it ends their. I bought the Titan because it was differant and becuase it was consistantly rated at the top for the full size truck class. I . I always buy what is the best and the Titan beats or meets the big three in all the major catagories. As far as people saying it drives like a car they are just in denial that the Titan is a truck that is acutually fun to drive but at the same time can tow 9500lbs and is availiable with a rearend locker for the ultimate offroading. Go over to TitanTalk.com and find out how many former Dodge, Chevy, and Ford full size truck owners say they could never go back to their old trucks after owning the Titan. That said Dodge and Ford both make good decent trucks but the Nissan is just an awsone, badass truck that ranks even higher. Most Titan owners are well educated and review all the facts when making a vehicle purchase.

Dodge Hemi Nissan Titan

0-30 MPH 2.8, 2.6

0-60 MPH 8.0, 7.6

Old 09-25-2005, 06:22 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

they said that the ride was VERY un comfertable, and the 4x4 sucked. the guys said that they felt like they were driving a car. and these guys work in vineyards. i sat in one and its feels like its small inside.
Sorry to disagree with you Alex, but the Titan is a very comfortable truck compared to the Ram. I'm not saying the Titan is a superior truck, but the inside is actually bigger I believe or so it felt and it did ride like a car...which is a positive. There's no way it could ever compete against a Silverado either.

#1 Titan, #2 Titan
Trolls?

-Matt-

Old 09-26-2005, 05:34 PM
2kramquad

forgive me for asking, but why are people that are so gung-ho about their nissans posting on a DODGE board? If you like your truck so much, tell people about it who care. Obviously no one here does. The primary problem for the nissan is that it's butt ugly.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:07 PM
kingaling1986
Amateur

Amen. I have never desired a Titan, and never will. I will ride my friggin' horse around before I buy a Titan. After all, he will pull more and have better traction in the mud than those ugly and sorry impersonations of a real truck.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:56 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

I have driven several Titans, of which dont come in a single cab mind you, and never was I impressed with them, the insides are made with some of the cheapest looking plastics, stuff is out of place, I did not like the ride at all, kinda mushy for a big truck, the beds jiggle so much they look like they are going to fall off at the next bump... and this is with all of them and is a problem they have had going back to the frontier pick-ups. And one thing they will never be able to over come, they are Nissans. As much as they will try to compete with the big 3 AMERICAN trucks, they will never be one. Buying an american car or truck always has given me the feeling of being proud to buy it even if others thought it to be inferior for one reason or the other. I would buy a Ford or a Chevy before I bought another nissan product again.

And as for the Tundra or any other Toyota product, Toyota is by far a better designed and built vehicle than a Nissan on any given day, the Tundra might not have the most powerful engine in this battle of the big trucks, but I drove and almost bought one after I traded in my Tacoma 4-dr. before I bought the HEMI and if Toyota had been willing to make a deal, I would probly be driving one today. It was a great driver and had more than equal power to the normally equiped V8's from the big 3. And to beat all, with regular upkeep I would imagine getting several hundred thousand miles from the I-force is possible, something that is not commonly expected from any american V-8, and especially none of the ones that I have owned or driven.

Its funny how people have the tendancy to compare the most power or the fastest with the best or the most reliable... take a ferrari, they are fast, comfortable, super stylish and at the top of the heap for exotics but they are not reliable and cost a buttload(every 7500 miles in fact) to maintain, this is why they rarely have alot of miles on them and most spend their entire lives sitting in some rich persons garage lucky to be driven an average of once a month.

And as for my own HEMI versus a Titan, I have yet to find a stock one brave enough to even try to race me, seems to be the only ones that think they are truck enough to do so are the trolls that visit this forum or reside within the protection and comfort of their own.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:59 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

#1titan?

your username is an oxymoron

[sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 09-27-2005, 08:39 PM
RedRam225
Professional

ORIGINAL: ramfan5.9

#1titan?

your username is an oxymoron

[sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]
But #2 Titan was appropriate (I know shameless poop joke, I couldn't resist.)

I still maintain that Nissan simply stole thier truck idea from an old Dodge concept truck; the Maxx (and Chevy then stole the name)

[IMG]local://upfiles/13431/8B22A17F9ED443CE9E7FB1B4641A3010.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upf
iles/13431/2E44C795D60949F285396DB50D72CF1E.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Nissan Titan