Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Upgrade Ideas needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 07:08 PM
Ramicide
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade Ideas needed!!!

Hi everybody,
New guy here.

I just bought my brand new 2004 DODGE RAM 1500 SLT 4dr EXT CAB last sunday mar 28th. It is solid black and is beautiful. I love this thing as I am sure you all do of your own.
First truck for me, actually its my first new vehicle period. I want to take special care of it and I also want to get your folks opinions on good upgrade ideas both cosmetic and performance for my new baby. I am sure you all have lots of great ideas I can pull from. The only thing I know I need now is nerfbars so my wife and son can step in and out of the truck easy...

Old 03-30-2004, 07:23 PM
04GTX
Rookie
Default RE: Upgrade Ideas needed!!!

there is a killer polish out and it's called Zaino Bros. polish, it's kinda pricey but your truck will definately be the smoothest and shiniest, if it's a little too pricey, i think around $100 for all the products you need, i used Zymol on mine and loved it, and they didn't have any of the new nanowax out but it's suppose to be killer also!! all of this IMO of course!

Old 03-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Vader
Champion

What size Engine do you have ??

Old 03-30-2004, 08:05 PM
Connect

Well the specifics depend on your engine size and preference in lifted/lowered trucks. But definatly you have to get a flowmaster/custom exhaust, knn cold air intake kit, kick *** stereo (the make custom boxes to fit under your rear seat with dual 10's), lift/lower/level it-branches off into tons of customization options, billet grill, maybe headlights tailights and body effects, hood scoop. Talk to me if you need ideas i got them. As for keeping it new, wash it OFTEN, detail the interior OFTEN, be sure to wash the engine and undercarriage, waxing it at a carwash can sometimes bring undesired results, so learn to wax it and buff it at home or by a professional hand touch carwash. Dont scratch it or wreak it

Lots more ideas, im here all day

Oh and nerf bars are alright as long as they match the exterior, i.e. chrome would go good as long as their is chrome on the grill, rims, and bumpers. Don't nerf bar the bed either.

Old 03-30-2004, 11:52 PM
meurich

I just bought a 04 December 30. I tried Klasse all in one on it because of a reccomendation on this fourm. I loved it and the truck looks great.

Old 04-01-2004, 02:15 PM
Slaywick

To start out with stay away from intake upgrades, at first you will notice a difference then after a few weeks the computer will compensate for the increased air flow. If you can find like a venom computer and injector kit first then the intake will make a difference. for now stick w/ exhaust, comp and injectors, plug wires mabey. Just keep in mind any air flow changes you do ( with exception to turbo will be undone by the truck)

Old 04-01-2004, 03:19 PM
gravymonkey
Veteran

I don't know much about the performace mods, but I must say your truck would look great with tinted windows. Make that your 1st exterior mod if it didn't come with it already.
Also, Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of knowledge here, but we require pictures of your truck asap.

-Erik

Old 04-01-2004, 05:50 PM
Ramicide

I have a 3.7L V6 250HP Engine, 5 speed automatic tran

Old 04-01-2004, 05:50 PM
Ramicide

Pictures are coming this saturday for sure

Old 04-01-2004, 05:57 PM
Aftrshck
Veteran

I look forward to seeing them as well as the rest of us....

Quick Reply: Upgrade Ideas needed!!!