Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

stupid or what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 01:46 AM
ramarado
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid or what?

How is it I go from a Chevy Z-71 with a strong 5.7 that gets 17 to 20 mpg to a 98 Dodge Quad with 5.2, 2 wheel drive that won't get over 16 mpg on a good day, and doesn't hardly want to get out of it's own way whenever gas prices are going up? Stupid or what?
Any suggestions for this thirsty Ram? I'd really love to like it, but it's making it really hard!

Old 03-31-2004, 01:51 AM
Vader
Champion
Default RE: stupid or what?

Why did ya switch to a smaller engine and truck ? I have yet to see a Dodge Ram get good mileage. What is the weight difference between the two trucks ?

Old 03-31-2004, 02:03 AM
ramarado

It was an old 91 standard cab Z. I travel a great deal and needed the room. I knew that in town it wasn't going to be great, but on the road, no a/c on, cruise control set at under 70, new k&n, and plugs,unloaded, you would think the thing could do better than it does. As far as weight I'm sure there is some difference just by virtue of the size difference, but the gear ratio should be better for mileage on the Ram, I would think. I'm wondering what other people are getting in a simular rig. By the way it's a 98 Quad.

Old 03-31-2004, 06:54 AM
Connect

Try that tornado thing at napa, and all those cheap little mod's. There's not much you can do except stay light and drive easy

Old 04-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Randy_W
Professional

stupid or what?

Yep!!

Just kidding!

Quick Reply: stupid or what?