Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

SNOW PLOW !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005 | 12:48 AM
Street Machine
Default SNOW PLOW !!!

Guys I recently bought a 05 Ram 1500 with the hemi and towing package. This winter I want to use the truck to plow snow. I think because of the towing package and hemi .... I should be able to handle this. My wife things using a snow plow will ruin the truck and cause front end wear and tear.

Opinions ?

Jeff
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Hemi - Towing Pkg - Sport Pkg
20" Rims

Old 10-18-2005 | 01:04 AM
thump186
Record Breaker
Default RE: SNOW PLOW !!!

I agree it will cause wear and tear on the truck. your adding alot of weight to the front of your truck and believe it or not pushing snow put alot of stress on the frame, axels ect... why not just take the money you'd spend on a plow and buy an old beater truck with a plow on it that you dont have to care about.

Old 10-18-2005 | 07:49 AM
MGDMike
Champion

I have to agree...that 1500 will take alot of abuse but not repeatedly plowing on that frame. You got a good truck man but it won't continuesly resist all that wear and tear that will be coming to it. You can ask some shops if there is a way to tighten up the frame and such but I'd go with thump and get an old clunker solely for plowing. Good luck and tell us what the plan is. Peace.

Old 10-18-2005 | 06:30 PM
lucky13rme
Rookie

Not to mention a plow on the 1500 will kill your warranty.

Quick Reply: SNOW PLOW !!!