Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

home brew intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004 | 12:53 AM
gcredneck02
|
Rookie
Default home brew intake

I noticed something on the v8 performance site that said you could build your own intake out of a piece of plastic pipe, a rubber coupling, and a k&n cone filter. Has anybody tried this and if they have how well did it work? It also said to remove the rubber flap on the passenger-side/radiator support to add cold air. What rubber flap are they talking about and would this work. I am looking for some cheap mods but I don't want to do something to my truck that would screw it up/doesn't work. Anybody tried any of this?

Old 04-14-2004 | 01:38 AM
Randy_W
Professional
Default RE: home brew intake

Just enter CAI in the search block and stand back!

Old 04-14-2004 | 02:46 PM
sgbofav
Professional

$125.00 for my Ram's CAI $65.00 for my Dakota's.

I went back to a "drop-in" for my Dakota. I changed to Amsoil's flowzair filter. The engine prefers the Flowzair over the K&N dop-in that I used to use.

The CAI on my Dakota made lots of noise with the resonator removed and it got annoying after about 2 months. I noticed a bigger improvement on the Ram because of it's restricted design.

Old 04-14-2004 | 03:12 PM
Ruslt
Rookie

I built mine out of thin wall pvc for about 100.00 w K&N cone filter. It is a 4" insulated unit.

Old 04-15-2004 | 12:38 AM
gcredneck02
|
Rookie

All right I appreciate it. I'll probably try to do it this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out.
It also said to remove the rubber flap on the passenger-side/radiator support to add cold air.
Oh yeah what rubber flap are they talking about?

Old 04-17-2004 | 03:34 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

I havent looked at my truck today about the rubber flap. But on the other trucks i have had, there is a rubber flap that keeps junk off of the engine. Its like a wheelwell liner. I wouldnt remove it otherwise in rain and mud you be cleaning the filter every drive.

Old 04-18-2004 | 02:21 PM
sgbofav
Professional

The rubber flap near the grill.

Bill,

Quick Reply: home brew intake