Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Transmission is gone!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 02:33 AM
chfjim
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission is gone!

Just after getting my Truck up and running and performing better than ever! Chasing down a punk who was trying to steal my spare 20" I gave him a run for the money he was driving a 98 GTP Grand Prix we were going about 120+mph down local highway I-80 when I passed him and cut off into a ditch, as I started to slow all's I heard was rrrrgrghhhggrhgrhhrhr cllllluuunnnkkkkkkkkk! [:@] 3rd 4th OD and Reverse Shredded to pieces! I was able to limp to my dealer and God Bless DC for warranty or Id be replacing a 31k tranny! Needless to say Dealership was amazed at what was done to it and had the computer error mesg with mph stamp @ 136mph gauge doesnt even read that high but needle was buried. So anyway I will pick it up tomorrow, with my spare still intact and a new trannyTo bad for the guy in the GTP Who now needs to find his own spare and Front Bumper, Headlight and Fender!

Old 04-17-2004, 02:44 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Transmission is gone!

OMG OMG OMG OMG, I'm glad you are okay and the truck is getting fixed... 136 MPH... you were pissed off pretty badly, that's intense... be safe out there...

~Amanda

Old 04-17-2004, 02:46 AM
chfjim
Veteran

Not Only was I pissed, I have his license plate number and My cop buddy and I are going to pay a visit to his house Sat. Night![sm=smiley2.gif] I wonder if Grand Prix's burn evenly[sm=smiley15.gif][:-]Would never really set fire too it maybe just ???????????

Old 04-17-2004, 02:48 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OOoh good gosh... be careful.. you worry me, keep us informed. How'd you catch him stealing the spare?

~Amanda

Old 04-17-2004, 02:57 AM
chfjim
Veteran

The idiot was under my truck at 6pm cst That means it's still light out! STUPID RIGHT! Not to mention the fact I have a Chain and lock on it! He was tryind to cut the lock when I heard it! So I went Outside and fired a BB gun at him. He turned to see me and jetted! So I jumped in the Truck and took off after him. Im sure he's still wondering how he could be so stupid! He'll find out Tomorrow!!!! NEVER MESS WITH A MAN'S TRUCK!(OR LADIES!)

Old 04-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Ratchet
Rookie

chfjim... I can completely relate to how pissed you are. But you may want to edit your posts in here. I've heard stories of things getting traced to someone because of what they've said in forums. Good luck, and glad you've still got your spare and a new tranny.

Old 04-17-2004, 12:14 PM
stupidface
Professional

u shuda got out and fed him a a$$beaten or try to run over him, or [>:]

Old 04-18-2004, 12:40 PM
chfjim
Veteran

Here's to Pellet Gun's that can break the sidewalls of any tire![sm=smiley20.gif] sm=smiley15.gif]

Old 04-21-2004, 03:59 PM
nemar1234
Rookie

all i have to say is, "wow" you are awesome. nice job on chasing him down.

Old 04-21-2004, 08:00 PM
gotsnow?

I can almost hear your tranny shredding, as you described it!!Payback is a bitch!!!!!
NEVER MESS with a mans Truck, Family or Livelyhood!!! Some would say:in that order!!

Quick Reply: Transmission is gone!