Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Mufflers???

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 12:02 PM
Ratchet
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mufflers???

I've been tossing around the idea of putting a higher flow muffler on my truck, but I really don't want it loud. I don't mind a little "rumble", but if I get on it, I don't want it to be loud. Anyone have any suggestion, or have one that they've had good luck with?

Thanks!

Old 04-19-2004, 04:02 AM
bullitt1229
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mufflers???

I would try the Borla Pro XS. That's what I have and I like it. I could tell a big difference at first, but I've gotten used to it now. It's quite a bit louder at stock and on the freeway it sounds real good (especially in pass mode). It is deep and mellow, but not quite loud enough for me anymore. I'm going to dump it this summer.

Old 04-19-2004, 04:09 AM
94ram4x4 5.9
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mufflers???

I would definitely try Magnaflow...they give you higher flow but just have a little rumble, not to much louder than stock...my step-dad just put one on his '02 2500HD 8.1 and he really loves it...he pulls a 16' enclosed trailer around oklahoma for his work and he said that he could tell a lot of difference. I have a 40 series flow single in dual out with no cats, but i wouldn't recommend it if you are worried about the dB level! =)
Hope i could help
ryan

Quick Reply: Mufflers???