Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

NOW it sounds like a truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 02:10 PM
kaostik
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NOW it sounds like a truck

i know there's alot of discussion about exhausts for hemi's. most notably, lost power with the wrong setup. i went with one pipe going into a 40 series flowmaster and taking two 2.5" pipes straight out the back into 3" tips. i also pulled the resonator out. this sounds mean as hell, and i definitely did not lose any power. i really couldnt notice any gains, but i was really after the sound anyways. mpg will be determined a bit later, i just had this put on about an hour ago. anyways, if your looking for loud, while keeping power, i recommend this setup. cost me $400. for the whole thing.

Old 04-24-2004, 01:34 PM
blakehodges83
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NOW it sounds like a truck

Cool man Other than just loud, Does it sound good behind it? Does it rumble or is it kinda raspy? I'm only looking at putting it on a 4.7, but curious about the setup. Let me know about the gas mileage too once you can tell.

Old 04-25-2004, 01:16 AM
gpzjack
Veteran

I have the flowmaster cat back kit on my 4.7 and i love it. sounds great and i picked up about 1 mile to the gallon.

Old 04-26-2004, 02:00 AM
B][GT
Professional

Kaostik,

One quick question, the stock exhuast is 3" isnt it? Ive got plans to replace the exhaust, cat-back, but for now i am thinking of just pulling the resonator, and putting in a piece. Simple fast, and.. id think it would change teh sound..not sure how much, i know its there cuz the 03's were to loud, which.. i think is crazy, my buddies 03 is quiet. Anyways, just wanted to know if it was 3" or not before i go planning all this.

Dangit all, i never noticed there was a hanger on the resonator.. shoot. I see theres two on the back of the muffler.. do you think that would be to far with no supports?

THanks

Troy

Quick Reply: NOW it sounds like a truck