Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

got alot goin

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 06:20 AM
sugashayne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got alot goin

hey whats up i just discovered this forum, pretty nice, i like the enviroment, anyways i got a story if you guys are willing to listen and help me out a little.

i just turned 15, im taking the driving course in about 3 weeks when school gets out.. this gets complicated... my dad was murdered about a month and a half ago, they tried to burn his truck, but they closed the doors so no oxygen go to it(stupid), so just the interior on the drivers side burnt, but its a 2002 custom made dodge ram for him, long bed, extended cab, blue tight stock lift on it, super tight truck... well right now its a crime scene but my mom thinks she can get it for me but there is more to that but the truck has many many miles on it and its kind of busted up, he rode it hard... but i might be able to get it and supe it up.. but if its to much trouble im thinkin a 2002 dodge ram 1500 quad cab.. which i will probably get.. and im mowing lawns this summer so at the end ive figured up i will have around 5,000 to supe whichever truck i get up, first of all i want a nice audio system up in there, im thinkin fiberglass incasing under the back seat.. i dont know whats good or whatever for dodge ram, im not all that savy, infact i dont even know how systems work or how to get them installed or how much they cost or what.. that i guess is where you guys come in. i dont even know what all u need to put in there for it to sound cool... again im working with about 5,000, but, for sure if i get a new truck (well 2002) im gonna have to throw a body lift on that.. whats really good with that (cheap..) then the system and im gonna deck out the interior for sure if i have the money, im thinkin like a 6 inch dvd player, that comes out of the cd changer and stuff i think that is tight. what kind should i get and whats cool? i also want to get a fiberglass hood with the scoops on it, i think that look sick.

what else do you guys think? or do you disagree with anything im getting, i have trust you guys will have me rollin REAL NICE with my first truck, guys help me out... what else should i get or shouldnt?

i appreciate it.
shayne

Old 05-08-2004, 07:30 AM
B][GT
Professional
Default RE: got alot goin

Frits off, Welcome to the Forum's, Second, sorry about your dad.

Now, as for fixing your dads truck, that sounds liek a good plan, a truck driving hard, may and may not be hurt bad. I abused my old ford, and its still rolling. Jsut take care of the up keep, change oils when needed, it all comes with practice and time. For the stereo, Id go with a kenwood deck, they make some nice units, i myself am a kicker/mtx fan, id run those for the doors/dash off a 4channel amp, and then possible a few kicker L7's or there new Solo-X's, then just give them a few nice d-class amps, and youll be rocking. Body lift kits can be bought at most online stores, ive used www.4wheelparts.com , or even www.stylinconcepts.com . Both are great shops, for lifts kits, to hoods and billet accesories. All in all, great plan, id like to see pics afterwards.

Take care, have fun, and by all means play safe.

Troy

Old 05-08-2004, 03:29 PM
rsenter

So, what you're saying is...someone killed your dad, then tried to set his truck on fire but didn't do a very good job....and when the forensic team is done going through the vehicle, you want to get it back and jack it up?

I'm sorry and all, but that's just not normal and it definately sounds like you've got bigger life issues than which deck is best to use...

Furthermore, if you dad was killed in the truck and then that was set ablaze, your mom should be seeking a nice little insurance claim - and you shouldn't need to mow lawns for the summer.

Old 05-08-2004, 04:16 PM
HEMI X
Professional

Welcome to the forum?

But, That's just wrong!

Old 05-08-2004, 04:24 PM
04quadcab

Old 05-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Rampart

Yeah...this sounds reasonable!

Old 05-08-2004, 04:34 PM
sugashayne

im sorry i guess i shouldnt of told you all that was going on i didnt think you guys were going to respond like this..[&:] im sorry man

Old 05-08-2004, 04:35 PM
sugashayne

thanks for your help man..

Old 05-09-2004, 02:25 AM
rapacious916

damn! you could have left all the murder talk out of your story and asked about the ram..im new to the site 2 but i aint puttin my life story for some people i dont know to know?? if you have $5000 and u want a real nice sytem in your ride with a dvd in dash player your looking at spending at least $3500 for a real nice system. especially if you dont know anything about installation. Thats just my research I have done for my own. Depends on if you want to pimp your ride out also that $5000 aint going very far. Do some research. And im real sorry about your dad yo.

Old 05-10-2004, 08:13 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain

Lay off the kid... christ

Anyway Shayne... I on the other hand understand why you would want your fathers truck back... no money in the world or any other vehicle could replace a past fathers possesion. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you and your mother are doing ok.

K as far as your truck. Your 15, what do you need a DVD player for? your gon' kill yourself. A Car/Truck in itself is enough of a distraction for new drivers... I'd say pass on the DVD player until you have Kids or room to watch them.... Hey I want a PS2 in my truck more than anyone but I know that it would be a "bad" idea right now.

Stick with a CD/MP3 player Deck, Mids, Hi and Low Speakers with a power efficient amp to run em. Fiberglass is a good idea for TIGHT spaces, but they make Enclosed seat boxes that sound good, air tight and are hidden and are half the price of fiber glass. You really only want to use fiber glass when you are working with A.) small/areas or B.)Hiding your speakers or C.)using LOTS of Woofers and D.)if you are turning it into a show car and need the space. SAVE YOUR MONEY. You may have 5G's to blow on a system but spend it wisely. More Attention your Truck gets with a nice system, the more people are going to WANT it (jack it) so expect to drop 500-700 for a GOOD alarm system. Audiovox, Clifford and Python make awesome kits. As for Woofers go SIT in a CAR and listen to the ones you want... don't make your decision based off what they sound like in the room (more air, longer hits) and your truck won't have that air space.

Before the Lift I'd drop some Exhaust and Intake kits on there as well. Beef it up then Jack it up.

but first take care of the burned part. And make sure you don't put your Truck before your Family, or driving in General... they need you more than you know.

Quick Reply: got alot goin