Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Dents and scratches

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004 | 10:43 AM
Vader
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dents and scratches

There are 3 places with 1-800 numbers that do great paintless dent removal. They are The Dent Wizard, The Dent Doctor, and The Dentman. Check with your local Dodge Dealer, they should have the phone numbers as they use the service.

BTW, I have the 360 and love it.

Old 05-13-2004 | 01:48 AM
rsenter

Vader ~ since you seem to know your engines, answer me this. I have an 02' Ram 1500 with the 4.7L V8 (Quad Cab). I got this before Hemi's came out. I strapped on a K&N cold air intake and Series 40 Flowmaster exhaust and finished it off with BFG All-Terrain 35's. (Yes, 35's fit. No I dont have a lift. No they do not rub) Anyway, I test drove an 04' Hemi Quad Cab and was far from impressed. My truck has FAR better acceleration both from a standstill and while coasting on the interstate. I took the Hemi I test drove BACK and asked for a different one. Same thing: NOT impressed. So what's up with all the Hemi hype? Dealer salesman told me "tow something with it..you'll see a difference." I laughed at him! If all that HP and torque is simply potential energy activated only under restraint its quite pathetic. I did, however, compare REGULAR cab hemi and 5.9 and there was a noticeable difference...but I've got way too much crap to carry to have a regular cab truck. Sorry to burst any Hemi people's bubble, but the Quad cab just doesn't wow me.

Old 05-13-2004 | 10:51 AM
Vader
Champion

^^^I happen to agree with you. No doubt the Hemi is a great engine. About 2 months ago I test drove a HEMI QC (I like the QC and have a 5.9 QC). My current mods are plugs, wires, KN, Gibson swept side, and Superchip. If there was a difference between the two the power favored the Hemi QC slightly. There are so many more engine mods for my truck than the Hemi. It was not worth the trade IMO.

As far as the 4.7. It is a strong engine. All this HP has to do with the POWER/WEIGHT ratio. Thats why vehicles with far less HP can rape us in a straight line. But if we hook up bumper to bumper thats a different story. Your engine in your truck is dead even with mine. But your engine in a Dakota SC or Grand Cherokee is quicker.

Old 05-14-2004 | 02:54 PM
rsenter

On a side note, I hate "rice burners" and for some reason, every time one gets beside me, they want to "race" at the stop light. I think every Civic owner thinks all rams have a hemi in them and want to see if their 4-cylinder POS can beat 'em off the line (which never happens). Also, I hate 9" diameter polished steel trash cans welded onto import 1" exhaust pipes that sound like weed wackers. People! Let's get beyond this fast and furious thing! For god sake save up a few extra grand and buy something with a little *** behind it! Older 5.0 Mustang, RS/Z28 Camaro (one made of metal), GTO, etc....you know...something with an engine larger than your coke bottle. "Well, yeah...normally I have a solid 170HP at the rear, but when I hit my 900 shot of Nitrous, I can kick your ***!" Racing in a Honda is like being in the Special Olympics: Even if you win, you're still retarded...

Old 05-14-2004 | 03:14 PM
klamen

ORIGINAL: rsenter
Racing in a Honda is like being in the Special Olympics: Even if you win, you're still retarded...
You know, if you come around across my wife or I and make that statement, you'd be picking teeth up next to that Honda you are talking about. Have some decency, not everybody in the world is lucky enough to have the perfect health you were born with, but I'll take the great personality of any Special Olympics participant over yours any day. And, I have a son that qualifies for Special Olympics, and he's not retarded either. So, I take offense at your statement. Take your hateful statements elsewhere.

Old 05-14-2004 | 03:28 PM
RamRod02

Hey rsenter,
Don't worry about those losers..they're just jealous because they can't afford/own a piece of American muscle that can whoop their *** anyday of the week. It's those new generation of kid drivers who never grew out of the whole high school scene and think that they are living in the "fast and furious" lifestyle. It's a shame that a movie like that can influence someone sooo easily these days. So continue the *** whoopin' on the streets and sooner or later they might realize their POS ain't worth a freakin' dime when racing against a HEMI!!

Old 05-15-2004 | 01:40 AM
Ratchet
Rookie

In answer to the original question, YES... paintless dent removal works. I work at a very large luxury car dealership, and we have one guy who does this all day long. If you can find someone good, you'll never know you had a dent. I've helped this guy do cars that were riddled with hail damage, and they came out looking really nice. Do a little looking... it's much cheaper than getting the whole door done at a body shop. I want to say the guy at my shop is about $95 per panal. Not bad at all considering what I've seen him remove...

Old 05-16-2004 | 03:46 PM
RamRod02

Sounds like a winner Ratchet!! I'm gonna look into it as soon as I get settled into Cali next month. At least I know there are good alternatives out there other than what the dealer told me I had to do.

Quick Reply: Dents and scratches