Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Off-Road Rams

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 07:53 PM
DODGE Germany
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off-Road Rams

Hey guys!!!Following some facts:The most highways(autobahn) in Germany are 2 lanes in each direction,only some got 3.We have no speedlimit Not at day not at night.You aren´t allowed to pass somewhere else then on theleft lane.If youpass right the cops take your driving licenses for several months (2times forme).The right lane is always crowded with trucks (50-60tons).They have electronical speed limiter of 80kmh/50mph.Our lanes have an average width from 3m - 3,5m.The trucks are 2,5m and they don´t drive always straight.So you got a tunnel (left lane) without swinging of about 60cm left and right from your pickuptruck(2mwidth) and at full speed (120mph for my truck).You have to drive highly concentrated and make no mistakes - I mean nonono mistake !!!Really funny is the following situation:You´redriving with 210-230kmh (my BMW) and thenone idiot gets in mind to pass a truck where he was just behind (80km/h)I promise : you can see your brakebracketsfogging and smellit as youcan smell the s**t in the trousers of all passengers.Last year we have 7100 deads here in Germany.In whole Germany-not the autobahn.That´s not to much for the fun we haveI think. Some questions? Mikel (Dodge Germany)</P>

Old 11-11-2003, 10:08 PM
ChargerMan
Default Off-Road Rams

Thanks for the facts Germany! I've been kinda curious about how the autobahns work. I know you probably see alot of sports cars on the autobahns, but do you ever see any exotic cars (Lamboghinis, Saleens etc...)?

Old 11-12-2003, 10:59 AM
DODGE Germany
Default Off-Road Rams

Hi Chargerman,you don´t see many sportcars here because there´s no need to drive a sportscar.The most cars runs 120-130mph,even the small ones (VWGolf,Ford Focus)so the most people get a limousine like BMW 525 Audi A6 or Mercedes E 220.They run the 140mph without any upgrades.The autobahn is not a raceway for special sportcars only, because every car is fast enough, if the driver wants it.Of course you see Lambos,Ferraris,DeTomasos but théy´re pretty seldom (About 5 per month)Porsches are standing on every corner - those racetoiletts are countless here, so that´s why I hate them so much.For example, I live between Köln and Düsseldorf - together we got 1.800.000 million people.There are 46 Lamborghinis Diabolos counted and only 16 Dodge Ram and 2 of them are red.Im driving a ultimate headturner.The most of the Dodges are Diesel and I´m driving Gas.They call me a freak.</P>

If somebody wants to drive really fast, he´s going to buy a motorbike.Im driving a modified Triumph 1200.The whole body is handmade of Carbon.This baby goes about 290kmh/180mph.Driving with my buddy (Suzuki GSX1300less than 200mph) in the night a almost empty autobahn in the early morning-hours is better then having sex. Sorry,girls!!Mike (Dodge Germany)</P>

Old 11-12-2003, 01:44 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Off-Road Rams

Wow... very impressive...

~Amanda

Old 11-12-2003, 11:58 PM
ChargerMan
Default Off-Road Rams

Awsome! Thanks Germany! Yeah it sucks having speed limits off 65 and 75 here, but I guess ya have to get use to it. Thanks again!

Old 11-19-2003, 01:33 AM
5.9rm
Rookie
Default Off-Road Rams

ive been on the autobhan once before (this past summer) and it quite frankly scared the **** out of me! i guess you get used to weaving past people at 130 though

Old 11-19-2003, 07:48 AM
DODGE Germany
Default Off-Road Rams

Hi,are your pants dry again?LOL Yes I know the problem, I did have a conversation to a Marine stationed near by Frankfurt and he said me that they were trained on a saltlake to get in common with this overhaul-speed differences.He droves a hummvee with a average speed of 45mph, but being overhauled with 100mph+ more were scaring those "fighters".LOL</P>

Mikel Dodge Germany</P>

The netherlands got a speedlimit,too, for several years at 75mph and I wants to fall asleep everytime I drive there.The advantage in the netherlands is ,that the most people doesn´t care about this f**king speedlimits.They drive as fast as possible.</P>

Quick Reply: Off-Road Rams