Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Check Engine Light...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 01:57 PM
shakr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Check Engine Light...HELP!

Hey all I have a 03 ram quad 4x4 with the hemi . I am experiencing the check engine light problem myself. I stopped by the local advance auto to have it checked and the guy told me the reader said evap - emmissions ? . My truck only has 23000 miles on it so I would think this is covered under the emmissions warranty thru DCX ?. My big issue is having to leave it a dealership for a lengthly time.

Any Ideas ?.

Thanks,

Ken

Old 10-12-2006, 01:22 AM
Enricay

My light just came on today and THANK GOD my brother is a tech and checked it out for me. It also came up as the Emisions deal. Mine ended up being a faulty rubber seal on the gas cap. SO i got a new gas cap for $22 and its good to go. So the guy above who said to not turn your truck off while fueling was on the right track now just has to do the rest and get a cap. The check engine light is important, dont just ignore it, find out what it means and youll be much better off in the long run.
ERIC
New guy!!!

Old 10-13-2006, 03:31 AM
4x4oli
Rookie

MASSIVE exageration here. Even Dodge themselves describe the check engine system as being mainly related to emissions. If it's flashing then you have a problem, but even at that, it might just be an ignition problem. Sure enough the two codes mentioned here are from an O2 sensor (surprise, surprise) and an emmisions problem. You don't have to freak people out for nothing.
ORIGINAL: JCswm

That light is no joke!!!!!
You need to know what It's telling you!!!!!!
Get the codes read for free if you can & post the codes
We'll figure it out

Old 10-13-2006, 10:29 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 226 Likes on 211 Posts

they will tell you alot more than just emissions codes... had a piece of a defective K&N intake tube get sucked into my 5.9 motor, caused a massive miss. no CE light. drove it around the neighborhood a few times till it thru a code. told me I had a miss-fire on #2 cylinder. poped out the plug and found the ground smashed into the electrode... well, there was my miss and thats where the plastic went. re-gaped the plug and it was good as new. (after swapping the tube of course).

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light...HELP!