Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

edelbrock headers for hemi??

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 03:17 AM
04GTX
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default edelbrock headers for hemi??

was glancing through the new mopar muscle and saw they put edelbrock headers on a new hemi and peak it gained around 25hp and like 25ftlbs at around 4 grand, was wondering if that was with the torque management b/c my understanding was this is impossible with it still enabled, or how did they get these results, and if it's worth it, i didn't see a price, but again i just glanced over it and those gains were peak i think, i'm not sure just checking to see what's up!!!

Old 05-14-2004, 04:24 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker
Default RE: edelbrock headers for hemi??

4 grand!? I thought the Edelbrocks were going to be around 1 grand!

Old 05-14-2004, 05:16 AM
RumbleBeeRam
Professional

No, the RPM range at which the power gain was noticed is about 4000 rpm.
There were noticeable gains all the way through the RPM range. The nice thing is, its not all at peak, many gains were noticed before and after the old peak, making for a flatter curve in the TQ and HP lines. I have the magazine, but its at my girlfriends house, and its not on their website yet, I will post the numbers tommorow.

Whats everyone elses opinion on these? These fubar your warranty too dont they? I dont know why, its hard to prove that a header will blow up your engine. I never heard anyone say "Yeah I put some new headers on my engine and then it blew up, I think the headers caused it" Who knows though.....DC is kinda cheap. Sucks that I have to say that about a company that does make a truck with soooo much potential. Maybe some Dodge UpnUps are reading this and are seeing that people want performance out of their hemis, and many of us are willing to sacrifice some parts of our warranty. Thats a good way for them to save money!!

-adam

Old 05-14-2004, 11:03 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The headers you saw were for an 03 Hemi, not an 04. They #'s they provided came from actual dyno testing on the truck so the TMR isn't a factor. I spoke with the local dealer and they said if all the sensors and routing is the same, it won't void the warranty.

Old 05-14-2004, 12:01 PM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker

I thought you were talking about cost, now that I have read more closely I understand. Woops. [sm=lol.gif]

Old 05-14-2004, 02:05 PM
04GTX
Rookie

lol, no, the rpms, and if it works on an 03 it will work on the 04, right??? any who, just thought i'd let ya'll know what i found and yes i did see that it was around 9 hp throughout the powerband!!

Old 05-14-2004, 06:00 PM
RumbleBeeRam
Professional

That is awesome for a pair of headers breathing through an otherwise stock exhaust.
And 34 lb ft of tq gain at around 4000 RPM? Thats frigin wicked. Just think, that tips you over the 400 mark! Then, we havent even gotten into cutting off the cat, new exhaust and muffler, or *gasp* True Duals. (true duals void the warranty though) I mean, you could easily be looking at 430 LB ft of tq with a complete exhaust system.

-adam

Old 05-17-2004, 11:43 PM
lawntycoon
Professional

As with true duals? I had installed and taken out (didnt have the CAI at the time) I lost all of my bottom end and had to re-install my single exhaust to regain it but with a 50 flowmaster. Why wouldnt the headers have the same effect? no back pressure..... just a thought..........

Old 05-19-2004, 02:15 PM
04GTX
Rookie

not for sure on that one there, but i would say that if you're going to buy headers then what's the point in having single exhaust?? they might be designed to keep some back pressure, or with the stock manifolds/dual exhaust you could be losing something else, i know the flow with headers as compared to the stock manifolds is probably twice as good and maybe it overcompensates for the backpressure?? just some thougths maybe?!

Old 05-19-2004, 06:37 PM
lawntycoon
Professional

You brought up some valid points also that has yet to be supported by some accurate facts....hmmmmmmm. Darn if I know for sure on this stuff........

Quick Reply: edelbrock headers for hemi??