Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Dropping an 04 ram

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 04:56 AM
redhemirammer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropping an 04 ram

I have 2004 ram 5.7l=L.

I am wanting to level it out by dropping the back 2" - I've looked around at some kits.
What do you guys recommend?

I will post pics of the beast soon - Ive done quite a bit of customizing on the interior

Old 05-15-2004, 06:40 AM
04GTX
Rookie
Default RE: Dropping an 04 ram

i just bought the ground force kit which is i think 1.3 in the front and 4.5 in the back, it's not too low as i still have 2-3" of fender gap b/t the tire and the fender but it sits exactly level from front to back, and still has a pretty decent ride!! if this helps at all, if you go straight up the center of the wheel/tire my fender there, on all four corners is 34". I do have shorter tires than what comes with the common 20's as i have a GTX with different tires and wheels, but that should give you a good idea!!!

Old 05-15-2004, 01:31 PM
redhemirammer

Yeah it does give me a little bit of an idea - do you have any pics? Id love to see them.

Where did you get it and what are we looking at in terms of price and install time/difficulty?

Old 05-15-2004, 06:20 PM
04GTX
Rookie

well i was looking through summit and they had the entire kit for $399, it comes with every single piece of hardware that you need including shocks all the way around! and fully detailed instructions that you can't mess up, and well i'm really **** about doing the work good so i would say overall it probably took me 4-6 hours total by myself, and the on the rear if you're going to do it you really really need another person as that woulda cut an hour out of my time if i had another person helping me, but good luck and i'm still trying to get the pictures up for ya just being kinda lazy today!!

Old 05-15-2004, 11:00 PM
redhemirammer

Absolutely - get those pics up - i would love to see it!!!

Is this kit you saw for $399 the same one you installed?
Ill have some help on it so it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Old 05-16-2004, 01:09 AM
04GTX
Rookie

yes, summit sells the ground force kit and it was on special for the month of april/may i believe and then it was going back up to $549 but i love it and it looks alot better, damn, i wish my camera was here so i could download a few pics!! soon enough i guess

Old 05-16-2004, 01:34 AM
redhemirammer

Well crap -looks like it already went back up to $549

Old 05-17-2004, 03:29 AM
04GTX
Rookie

i bet if you call them and say something similar to this that they might still sell it for cheaper "i just got back from australia on vacation and my friend said you had an awsome deal going and just thought i would make sure of the price, that is $399 and if it is i'll go ahead and order it and if not i'll look somewhere else?!" that might get them to sell it b/c i talked to ground force mono e mono and they said that they don't sell direct but to distributors and the more you buy the cheaper it gets so i'm thinkin summit bought a **** load and that's why the price dropped and if they didn't sell as good as they thought maybe you can still sneak a sale in there, just for thought!

Old 05-17-2004, 03:35 AM
redhemirammer

hmmmm. sounds like youve done this before - lol

Ill definitely try that first thing tomorrow

Old 05-17-2004, 04:47 AM
slvrmagnum
Professional

Let me know also, I want to get this kit for my '04 quad hemi. I want to make it a street animal.

Quick Reply: Dropping an 04 ram