Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Stereo Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 02:08 PM
TripD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo Question

I have an '04 Ram 1500SLT with a AM/FM Cassette and CD player and the Infinity sound system. I just purchased a Delpi Rodie satellite reciever. It is best if you directly connect it to the stereo via an input jack rather than using the cassette option. Does anyone know if the stereo has an input jack on the back or not? If it does what would be the best way to get to it? Thanks for any help.

Old 06-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Ruslt
Rookie
Default RE: Stereo Question

Im not sure about that. I would like to know if the stock infinity system has RCA outs on the back?

Old 06-09-2004, 02:50 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional
Default RE: Stereo Question

I dont think that it is going to have the connection that you are looking for. It might have an input though because they do DVD systems with that deck. The best way to find out is to pull the deck. Ruslt, I have heard that there are RCA's on the back but I have not pulled the deck yet to find out.

Old 06-10-2004, 12:39 PM
TripD
Default RE: Stereo Question (in reply to Ruslt)

Just wanted to let you know that I pulled the stereo last night and there are no RCA inputs on it. There is a left and right in but you need to get a special wiring harness from somewhere. Maybe Dodge or a Car stereo installation place.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Palm
Professional

I'm sure you can obtain the correct harness for adapting these inputs to RCA phonos. My reason for commenting is to lament against these manufacturers that refuse to put standard inputs on their equipment. It's totally unnecessary for them to do this, they just want to accomodate theirself.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:56 PM
dodgeramnz
Professional

theres other products on the market that have rca inputs and then broadcast to a fm frequency so just tune your radio to that frequency and there is your input. Most audio or electronic shops should have them and I think from memory they are quite cheap. Anyway just an idea.

Old 06-11-2004, 07:38 PM
uawnick
Professional

I will make it even Easier for you Just go to your local electronics store i.e. Radio Shack or even your local car audio store and tell them you need an RF Modulator. This goes inline with your cars antenna then you hook up an auxilary device such as your satellite reciever, Play Stations, DVD Players, Whatever just tell them what you need it for and they should know exactly what your looking for.. They arent expensive either... Good Luck

Old 07-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Kevno6
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just purchased the Roady myself and it works perfectly with the FM modulator that is made for it. You can find on Ebay the cheapest and it also is the power plug for it. It works on 8 different frequencies. Four channels in the 88's and 4 in the 107 mhz's. Anything else will kill your warranty.

Quick Reply: Stereo Question