Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Hemi vs. Titan?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 09:06 PM
uawnick
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hemi vs. Titan?

Exactly the point im trying to make.

"I think thats a load of crap personally.... Accidently getting 700 hp out of it? Yeah right.

Why would they go up to a 6.1L if they could just flip a few switches and get 450 horse out of it?

Hell.. why would they put a v10 in the viper? "

"adam "

I have no Idea why the HEMI now has only 345 hp. I have no idea why chevy makes all those motors if they can get 800 hp out of a 283. Because just like you say "just cus it's smaller doesn't mean it's always weaker"

Old 06-27-2004, 09:17 PM
Chauncy
Rookie

my post was at Adam

what I mean is this, yes, you can get massive hp out of small block motors

but you know what? in a 78 camaro my bro in law was getting 2.8 mpg with his 800hp 283

sure, he had power, but not very long considering he could go roughly 30 miles on a tank of gas, I'd much rather cut my hp in half and have some resemblance of fuel mileage than just saying screw the environment/fuel milage give me power

Old 07-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Sean99TJ

ORIGINAL: uawnick

Ill say this,: Lets Hook Up The Chains!!! I could drag a titan all over the planet!!

Just kinda an FYI, The new HEMI that was designed was originally 700 BHP. Alot of detuning was involved to bring down the power and emissions to be 50 state legal. Just thought you all would want to know
detuning is much more common than most think, Insurance costs rise dramatically as weight to hp ratios change. Clean emissions is another cost to horsepower.

Quick Reply: Hemi vs. Titan?