Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

bed liners

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 03:07 AM
fluffygriffinbaby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bed liners

so i'm planning on putting in a "spray on" bedliner this summer, but since i'm a cheap college student, i'm planning on doing it myself with one of the liner products at kragen or autozone. i have experience with painting, including prep work, sanding, masking ect., so the work doesnt scare me a bit. anyone have good/bad/ugly experiences with a certain brand of liner? thanks!

Old 06-16-2006, 01:11 AM
Ramsport_03
Default RE: bed liners

i've used them in the past on other things besides truck beds, i.e. tool boxes and so on, there crap, they flake real bad, better off leaving it bare.

Old 06-16-2006, 01:32 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

I disagree...at least about part of the statement. Maybe the do it yourself ones are crap, but the rhinoliner I have in my truck seems pretty tough. The only place it seems to be wearing is on the inside edge of the tailgate..for some reason [&:] The rest is holding up quite well.

Old 07-19-2006, 04:56 PM
dtharp

I was planning on going with a Rhino as well, but talked to someone who does them and he said they are bad about chipping. His advice was to go with a good drop-in instead of spending the extra money on the Rhino. I have no personal experience with either, just what I was told.

Old 07-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the drop in's will hold water and other crap between itself and the bed of the truck, then the drop-in is constantly moveing and rubbing on the bed and will eventualy wear down to bare metal causeing the bed to rust.

got line-x in the bed and down the rockers. after the better part of 25,000 miles the rockers still look brand new, if thats not 'proof in the pudding' I dont know what is.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:31 AM
raidermike67
Veteran

I just got a Line-X and it looks very nice and you don't have to worry about anything sliding, thats for sure.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:21 AM
Inferno Red

I looked around alot for a good spray liner and found a company called Vortex. Unlike Line-X this is put on using low pressure. It looks great and didn't have the rough finish like the Line-X or slick finish like the Rhino, kind of an in between. Got a 6.5 foot bed over the rail done for 330.00.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:34 PM
Tree
Rookie

Bed Rock or Linex for spray in's. Rhino's (common in the St. Louis area) peal bad.

For the do it yourslef just make sure you prep the bed exactly as the directions state, and make sure you get a "textured" media.

Later,

Stev

Old 07-28-2006, 05:33 PM
duckhead
Amateur

Inferno Red, good price on the VORTEX.Here in Wilmington, NC..... LINE-X quoted me $440.00 for my 2004 Ram QC.

Old 07-30-2006, 04:34 AM
Spike7ss
Veteran

I am one of the few people that like the drop in liners. A good liner can take some serious abuse. I had a factory GM liner in my last chevy. That sucker was $400 from factory ( got it much much cheaper) and it was over 1/4 thick. Which means I was able to drop trannys and motors in the back of my truck with out any damage. The current liner in my dodge is a Pendaliner, and its not too thick. It was also sitting in the sun outta the truck for who knows how long and the bed rails are wavy. As for them sliding around, it doesnt hurt to throw some screws in the sucker to keep it in place.

I guess Im just one of the very few that like the plastic drop in liners. Especially since I switch trucks quite often, its nice to be able to pull out the liner and put it in the next truck.

Quick Reply: bed liners