Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

ALMOST stolen....

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 06:53 PM
raidermike67
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALMOST stolen....

Not my Dodge, but my F150, I parked it three blocks away on a busier street withi a FOR SALE sign on it, Sunday night someone broke the rear side window and jammed two screws into the ignition but didn't finish the job. Even if they had removed it they would have to have had an extra coil wire as I removed it when I parked it up there. Now gonna cost me $140 to have someone fix the ignition not to mention the damn window........PEOPLE SUCK! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....What a bunch of BS.

Old 06-28-2006, 04:42 AM
mckibbenmd
Default RE: ALMOST stolen....

I live in a decent neighborhood in a smaller town across the street from an elementary school. I work at a factory that has security guards and CCTV. I've had my vehicles broken into 5 times in the past 10yrs. The last time was 2 weeks ago and I got to watch the sh*t do it on tape. Couldn't identify him becuase the picture wasn't good enough. That was the 2nd time since Sept, told the wife it was cursed and I needed a new truck That was a '94 Nissan truck, the new one is a '04 1500 Quad. I love driving this thing.

Old 06-28-2006, 08:58 PM
raidermike67
Veteran

That was the 2nd time since Sept, told the wife it was cursed and I needed a new truck That was a '94 Nissan truck, the new one is a '04 1500 Quad. I love driving this thing. >>>>>>>>

Well when I was much younger I always had to have a top of the line car stereo, after having too many stolen I simply gave up, even with an alarm I had no luck. I just make sure whatever I buy has a factory installed CD player.

I've never had a car attempted to be stolen, definately a very frustrating experience the tweak head broke off three drill bits attempting to extract my ignition, took the locksmith FIVE hours to get this thing out <sigh> thank GOD he didn't charge by the hour.

Man, you are brave, I wouldn't THINK of parking my new truck where my other vehicles had been broken into that many times, I'd probably just get an old beater with nothing inside to steal. Whoever got to mine was pretty persistent to have broken three drill bits, wouldn't have mattered though since I had removed the coil ignition wire from the distributor LOL, they would have drained the battery before they figured that one out.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:09 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do you know what you do when you catch a guy trying to steal your ford truck? give him the keys, and call your insurance company...
j/k...

Old 06-29-2006, 08:38 PM
raidermike67
Veteran

do you know what you do when you catch a guy trying to steal your ford truck? give him the keys, and call your insurance company...
j/k...
>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

Hey, it's an 89, only had liability ins. since I don't drive it much and it's paid for but let me tell you the thought did occur to me......hhhhhhhhmmmmm.......put on full coverage and leave the keys in it next time and HOPE they wreck it enough so it's totaled. The Sheriff said they were prob. just joy riders but that seems like a LOT of effort to go through just for a joyride.

Old 06-30-2006, 05:22 AM
mckibbenmd

To be honest, I do get a little nervous about leaving my new truck in the lot at work. But leaving it at home wouldn't be any better; 5 times in ten yrs, twice at work and 3 times at home. I've never had a vehicle worth getting more than liability on no matter how much fun they were to drive, the wife always got the nice car. Funny thing about that break in, one of the guys that I work with was parked not more than 20 yds away with the windows down, 3 pack of cigs and a CD case in the passenger seat, keys in it, and it wasn't touched. He drives a Focus ZX3. Says he never rolls the windows up unless he knows its going to rain and he's never had anyone bother his stuff.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:17 AM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

Get your self a good dog!!!!!!
Last yeara Beaner tryed to steal my brothers pickup that he used to take his dog out for hamburgers and euros after he got home from work.
The dog was locked in the house and he broke through the picture window, jumped through the truck window, draged the Beaner out and held him on the ground in a neck hold untill my brother got home.
PS the Beaner had very smelly jeans, and I don't think he will come back to try again.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:08 AM
CatchMyDrift05
Rookie

GET A LION!!
"Anyone can get past a dog, BUT nobody F*CKS with a Lion."
~Dante
Grandmas Boy

Old 02-25-2007, 05:03 AM
raidermike67
Veteran

Wild bees! Man, this thread is like 8 months old!

Old 02-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

I can see you don't know my brothers dog especially when some one is trying to steel the truck that takes him to dinner every night.

Quick Reply: ALMOST stolen....